Help kids improve reading skills and fluency with these free printable sight word flashcards for pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. The set of kindergarten sight words flash cards printable includes 100 words in all. Simply print sight words flash cards pdf and you are ready to plan and learn!
Sight words flashcards
There are 100 printable sight word flash cards in this set. These words make a perfect place for kids to start learning to read and write sight words. These cards also lead to great versatility to allow you to set up many fun games for kids. Having fun while learning is an excellent way to encourage children to enjoy learning. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy resource to help kids read better and become more confident readers as they master these key dolch sight words.
Sight words flash cards pdf
Sight words flash cards
Setting up this set is quite easy. There are, as I said, 100 flash cards with sight words on them. We divided up the list and made the borders different colors. This is no particular order, it just makes the cards more fun. We have also included blank cards. This way if you want to add different words, like names, you can do so.
Print the set and cut the cards away from one another. You may want to laminate the cards to make them durable. This will help preserve them from little hands. If you are using these in a classroom or for repeated use you can also laminate the recording sheet to make the activity reusable – students can use dry erase markers or crayons to write the words.
Sight word flashcards printable
You can use these cards and recording sheets in a variety of ways.
The first option is to turn the cards upside down, in a pile. Have children pull one card, identify the word by reading and speaking the word, then write the word on the recording sheet. If you would like they could write the word multiple times. Move onto the next card when you are both ready.
Printable sight words flash cards
You could print two sets of the flash cards and use it as a memory game. Start with as many words as you would like, 5, 10, or more. Turn the cards upside down, mix up, and put in even rows. Have the child pick two cards, if they match pull the cards from the game. At this time I like to have the child read the word and spell the word out. You could also incorporate the recording sheet and have the child write the word. If the two cards chosen do not match, turn them back over and the next person takes a turn.
Give the child a set of the sight word flash cards. Ask them to put them in alphabetical order. Ask the child to pick one or more sight word flashcards and create a sentence with them. This could be written on the recording sheet or just spoken out loud.
Use these flashcards however you would like. The possibilities are endless!
Sight word flash cards
Sight words are extremely important for kids, specifically Kindergarteners, to learn. Sight words make up a major portion of the words that children will learn to read and write at their young age. Each level of sight words builds up to the next, meaning kids will need to remember each level to help progress with reading skills. Activities such as this kindergarten sight words printables can be done with these Sight Word Flashcards & Recording Sheet are fantastic for helping kids solidify knowledge of sight words.
Kindergarten sight words include the following: all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes.
Sight words for pre k
Free pre k sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads pre primer sight word games
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Tracing Sight Words Worksheets
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
- Little Mermaid, Ariel Color by Sight Word
Printable sight word games
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Pirate Sight Words Game
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Blackout Sight Word Game
- Free Printable Sight Word BINGO
- Battleship Sight word games
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Printable Second Grade Sight Words Games
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
Look for more free flashcards? We have lots of choices to help you learn and review lots of math, science, and literacy skills!
- Lego printable multiplication flash cards
- Shape Scavenger Hunt Flashcards
- Alphabet Wall Cards
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge Cards
- Handy Music Note Flashcards
- Number Flashcards Printable
- Free Sign Language Flash Cards
- Printable Biology Flashcards
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Minion Division Printable Math Flashcards
- Free Printable Alphabet Flash Cards
- Addition Princess Flashcards
- Sight Word Flashcards
- Constellation Flashcards
- Lego Alphabet Crafts
- Printable Piano Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Subtraction Toy Story Flashcards
- See all our printable flashcards for kids of all ages!
Kindergarten sight words flash cards
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply