Help kindergartners improve reading skills and fluency with these free printable Sight Words Flash Cards for pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. There are 100 words in all.
Sight Words Flash Cards
There are 100 sight word flash cards in this set. These words make a perfect place for kids to start learning to read and write sight words. These cards also lead to great versatility to allow you to set up many fun games for kids. Having fun while learning is an excellent way to encourage children to enjoy learning.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy resource to help kids read better and become more confident readers as they master these key dolch sight words.
Sight Words Printable
Setting up this set is quite easy. There are, as I said, 100 flash cards with sight words on them. We divided up the list and made the borders different colors. This is no particular order, it just makes the cards more fun. We have also included blank cards. This way if you want to add different words, like names, you can do so.
Sight Words Practice
You can use these cards and recording sheets in a variety of ways.
The first option is to turn the cards upside down, in a pile. Have children pull one card, identify the word by reading and speaking the word, then write the word on the recording sheet. If you would like they could write the word multiple times. Move onto the next card when you are both ready.
You could print two sets of the flash cards and use it as a memory game. Start with as many words as you would like, 5, 10, or more. Turn the cards upside down, mix up, and put in even rows. Have the child pick two cards, if they match pull the cards from the game. At this time I like to have the child read the word and spell the word out. You could also incorporate the recording sheet and have the child write the word. If the two cards chosen do not match, turn them back over and the next person takes a turn.
Give the child a set of the sight word flash cards. Ask them to put them in alphabetical order. Ask the child to pick one or more sight word flashcards and create a sentence with them. This could be written on the recording sheet or just spoken out loud.
Use these flashcards however you would like. The possibilities are endless!
Kindergarten Sight Words Flash Cards
Sight words are extremely important for kids, specifically Kindergarteners, to learn. Sight words make up a major portion of the words that children will learn to read and write at their young age. Each level of sight words builds up to the next, meaning kids will need to remember each level to help progress with reading skills. Activities such as this kindergarten sight words printables can be done with these Sight Word Flashcards & Recording Sheet are fantastic for helping kids solidify knowledge of sight words.
Kindergarten sight words include the following: all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes.
Looking for more fun sight word worksheets and sight word activities to make practicing fun? You will love these ideas and resources:
- Printable Sight Word Lists by grade
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Words Printable
- Rocket Sight Words Game (Prek / K)
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game (K)
- Farm Sight Words Game (K)
- Rapunzel Color by Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Mazes with Sight Word Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sentences – Sight Words Printable
- Flower Sight Words Game (grade 1)
- Crazy Roads Sight Words Game (grade 1)
- Sight Words Printable Bingo
Download Sight Word Flash Cards Set
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!