Help kids practice alphabetizing using a free printable, fun game. This game is extra educational because it uses sight words as its base. Lots of fun for 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
I always like making practice into a fun game. My kids not only learn, but are eager learners who have fun in the process!
This game helps kids in 1st-4th grade practice putting words in alphabetical order.
Alphabet-O Words Alphabetizing Game
I created this game when I realized my 3rd grader needed a little extra practice alphabetizing and my 1st grader was just starting to learn to alphabetize. It is a fun, educational game for homeschoolers, parents, or classroom use (as with all my resources, teachers and coops must purchase a properly licensed copy through my TPT store).
Kids will be alphabetizing, playing a fun game, and practicing key sight words all at the same time!
The game includes 99 Dolche Sight Word cards to alphabetize. I figured I might as well get all the educational value I could out of the game.
Alphabet-O Words is for children ages 6+ and can be played with 2-5 players. (it can be used solo in practice mode)
Just download the free printable game below and print. You will want to either print it on cardstock or laminate for durability.
Complete game playing instructions are included in the download. Two Ways to Play:
- Follow the included instructions
- Lightening Round – just deal out 10 cards and the first to put them in the
correct order yells Alphabet-O
The game is pictured as we played it, using the card holders from the game Racko (a fun number game), but you can play without them with the make shift card holder in the last page of the download.
FREE Language Arts Games for Kids
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Punctuation Car File Folder Game
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Noun / Verb Food Sort
- Smore Sentence Game
- Bug Sight Word Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- 1st Grade Spelling Words – WORD SEARCHES
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Minion Contractions
- Dictionary Detectives
- Parts of Speech BINGO
Download Sight Words Game with Alphabetizing Practice
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!