Help kids practice ABC order using Alphabet-O – a free printable, alphabetizing games. This hands-on alphabetizing activity is a sight words game for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Simply download pdf file with the alphabetical order games and you are ready to play!
I always like making practice into a fun game. My kids not only learn, but are eager learners who have fun in the process! This free alphabetizing game helps kids in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 practice putting words in alphabetical order. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands-on game to make practicing alphabetizing words fun for elementary age students. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Alphabetical order games
I created this game when I realized my 3rd grader needed a little extra practice alphabetizing and my 1st grader was just starting to learn to alphabetize. It is a fun, educational game for homeschoolers, parents, or classroom use (as with all my resources, teachers and coops must purchase a properly licensed copy through my TPT store).
Kids will be alphabetizing, playing a fun game, and practicing key sight words all at the same time!
The game includes 99 Dolce Sight Word cards to alphabetize. I figured I might as well get all the educational value I could out of the game.
ABC order games
Alphabet-O Words is for children ages 6+ and can be played with 2-5 players. (it can be used solo in practice mode)
Just download the free printable game below and print. You will want to either print it on cardstock or laminate for durability.
Complete game playing instructions are included in the download. Two Ways to Play:
- Follow the included instructions
- Lightening Round – just deal out 10 cards and the first to put them in the
correct order yells Alphabet-O
The game is pictured as we played it, using the card holders from the game Racko (a fun number game), but you can play without them with the make shift card holder in the last page of the download.
1st grade worksheets
Looking for more fun and free first grade math resources? You will love these FREE printables for 1st grade math:
- Pumpkin Math Activity
- Math Mysteries – Addition and Subtractin Math Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Math Game
- Bubble Gum Math Worksheets for 1st Graders
- Spring Addition Math Game
- Solve and Stamp Math Worksheets
- Clever Addition Mini Book
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Sight Word Printables
Looking for more sight word games, activities, and worksheets to make practicing fun? Try these ideas:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
- Printable sight words Lists
- plus don’t miss all our MANY, Free Sight Word Printables
Alphabetical order games printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission f
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!