If you have a young elementary students who is learning to tell time, this super cute telling time bump math game boards, is a great way to practice using a clock to tell time. This clock game is perfect for first grade and 2nd grade students who are learnng to tell time to 15 minutes with expressions like quarter til, fifteen minutes after, five miutes after, 55 minutes until, and more. Simply print pdf file with telling time games and you are ready to play and learn!
Bump math game boards
We live in a world where time is incredibly important. Listen throughout your day for how many times people check the time! Even though telling time is an important skill, the concept of it is very difficult for many children. Not only do they have to remember which hand is the minute and the hour, then they have to remember that when using the minute hand you have to count by fives. Use this bump math game boards to practice telling time for kids.
Telling Time Games
Children need constant exposure to telling time and all the language that goes with it. This Free Telling Time Bump Game does just that. This game designed for 1st and 2nd graders has three game boards with six analogue clocks on each one. Each game board has 18 game cards to accompany it with different ways to tell time.
For example, one of the game boards has an analogue clock that reads 3:15. There are three cards associated with that time: 3:15, quarter after 3, and fifteen after three. Students need to read the 3:15 on both analogue and digital clocks plus clock words “quarter after” and “fifteen after”.
To prepare this activity, print off the game boards and game cards. we suggest using card stock for durability. Then, cut out the game cards and randomly place them in 3 differentiated learning cubes. If you don’t have one, no worries. Instead, place the cards face down on a table and have the children draw the cards from there.
Finally, gather up about 20 game pieces, 10 of two different colors. You can use Lego pieces, pattern blocks, or even counting chips.
Player one chooses one die to roll and rolls it. The player then finds an analogue clock on the game board that matches what he/she rolled. Once the correct analogue clock is found the player does one of the following…
- Covers up the empty clock with their game piece.
- BUMPS off the piece of the other player if there is only one game piece on the clock.
- Adds a second game piece to the one they have already placed on the clock to secure it.
- Does nothing because either they or the other player has secured that clock with two game pieces of the same color.
The game ends when all clocks have been secured. The player that has secured the most clocks wins.
Don’t let time slip away this summer from you or your kiddos! Have fun playing games with them and keep the concept of telling time from becoming a distant memory.
Telling Time Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
1st grade worksheets
Looking for more fun and free first grade math resources? You will love these FREE printables for 1st grade math:
- Pumpkin Math Activity
- Math Mysteries – Addition and Subtractin Math Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Math Game
- Bubble Gum Math Worksheets for 1st Graders
- Spring Addition Math Game
- Solve and Stamp Math Worksheets
- Clever Addition Mini Book
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
1st Grade Math
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Lots of fun, free money games for kids
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Worksheet for Grade 1
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- United States Coloring Pages
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to France Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Mexico Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, Japan Coloring Pages, Canada Coloring Pages, Puerto Rico Coloring Pages, Brazil Coloring Pages, Kenya Coloring Pages, and Philippines Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Math Game Time
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply