If you have a young elementary students who is learning to tell time, this super cute telling time bump math game boards, is a great way to practice using a clock to tell time. This clock game is perfect for first grade and 2nd grade students who are learnng to tell time to 15 minutes with expressions like quarter til, fifteen minutes after, five miutes after, 55 minutes until, and more. Simply download pdf file with telling time games and you are ready to play and learn!
Bump math game boards
We live in a world where time is incredibly important. Listen throughout your day for how many times people check the time! Even though telling time is an important skill, the concept of it is very difficult for many children. Not only do they have to remember which hand is the minute and the hour, then they have to remember that when using the minute hand you have to count by fives. Use this bump math game boards to practice telling time for kids.
Telling Time Games
Children need constant exposure to telling time and all the language that goes with it. This Free Telling Time Bump Game does just that. This game designed for 1st and 2nd graders has three game boards with six analogue clocks on each one. Each game board has 18 game cards to accompany it with different ways to tell time.
For example, one of the game boards has an analogue clock that reads 3:15. There are three cards associated with that time: 3:15, quarter after 3, and fifteen after three. Students need to read the 3:15 on both analogue and digital clocks plus clock words “quarter after” and “fifteen after”.
To prepare this activity, print off the game boards and game cards. we suggest using card stock for durability. Then, cut out the game cards and randomly place them in 3 differentiated learning cubes. If you don’t have one, no worries. Instead, place the cards face down on a table and have the children draw the cards from there.
Finally, gather up about 20 game pieces, 10 of two different colors. You can use Lego pieces, pattern blocks, or even counting chips.
Player one chooses one die to roll and rolls it. The player then finds an analogue clock on the game board that matches what he/she rolled. Once the correct analogue clock is found the player does one of the following…
- Covers up the empty clock with their game piece.
- BUMPS off the piece of the other player if there is only one game piece on the clock.
- Adds a second game piece to the one they have already placed on the clock to secure it.
- Does nothing because either they or the other player has secured that clock with two game pieces of the same color.
The game ends when all clocks have been secured. The player that has secured the most clocks wins.
Don’t let time slip away this summer from you or your kiddos! Have fun playing games with them and keep the concept of telling time from becoming a distant memory.
Telling Time Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
1st grade worksheets
Looking for more fun and free first grade math resources? You will love these FREE printables for 1st grade math:
- Pumpkin Math Activity
- Math Mysteries – Addition and Subtractin Math Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Math Game
- Bubble Gum Math Worksheets for 1st Graders
- Spring Addition Math Game
- Solve and Stamp Math Worksheets
- Clever Addition Mini Book
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Download Time Bump Clock Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.