Kids will have fun learning about the skeletal system for kids with these fun, hands-on skeletal system project ideas for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders. From Lego brick skeletal system activities and candy skeletal system, to Playdough skeletal system and skeletal system printables – we have lots of creative skeletal system project ideas.
Skeletal System for Kids
Make learning about the 206 bones in our body with fun and clever skeletal system for kids ideas. These skeletal system project ideas are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. human body fun for kids with these creative Skeletal System Projects for Kids. These skeletal system science project ideas range from a flexible human spine model made with pasta and gummy candy to layers of the bone made with Duplo bricks, skeletal system printables and skeletal system worksheets to learn the names of all the bones and bones of the body with playdough mats for early learners too!
Skeletal system project ideas
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler these ideas for learning about the human body are sure to engage kids of all ages. Children will be excited to learn about their fascinating bodies and what is under the skin with these skeletal system projects. These are great for science fair, science projects for kids, class projects, anatomy lessons for kids or just a supplemental science experiment for kids.
Human Spine Project for Kids
- Without the cartilage disks our bones would get chipped (I demonstrated that by rubbing two rigatoni together and they were able to see the wear and tear on the “bone”)
- Without 33 independent bones working together we couldn’t bend and twist like we do (I put a sword down their back to be there solid bone vertebrae and they tried to do simple things like bend over – not so easy!!)
To help my kids understand what the spine looks like and how it functions we created this fun spine model. We use the following simple mateials we had on hand to make a really cool and memorable, EASY spine project for kids. Here is how to create a human spine model for a science project:
- Start with a pipe cleaner as the spinal cord
- layers of rigatoni pasta as vertebrae (there should be 33 if you make it to scale)
- in between each vertebrae we put a life saver gummy to represent the cartilage disks
Layers of Bone Project for Kids
- red & blue pipe cleaners to represent blood vessels
- red straw to put the pipe cleaners in to represent red bone marrow
- yellow pool noodle to represent the spongy bone
- Lego Duplo to represent the hard smooth compact bone (the part you actually see in a typical skeleton)
- Gauze Wrap to represent the Periosteum (we drew blood vessels in the Periosteum with blue and red markers)
Here is a walk-through of our project. This was such a FUN idea!
One of our favorite human body projects of all times to learn about both the human body skeletal system, organs in the body, and more is this EPIC, life-size project. Download the pdf file with the bones and organs for a fun and easy science project for kids!
Skeletal System Worksheets
Young learners will enjoy making the major boes in their body with these Human Body Human Body Playdough Mats. There are lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
This Human Body Printables Reader makes a printable book that teaches students all about their bodies.
Human Body Activities for Kids
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this Building a model of the ear
- Amazing 5 Senses Kindergarten Unit for kids to explore with hands on activities. or try this jelly bean taste test experiment.
- Grab this free printable 5 senses mini book to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Even more creative printable science experiments, units, and activities for kids for all ages
- Or see all of our fun, hands on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!