Children will have fun learning their teeth and how to care for them with this fun, free printable Dental Health Emergent Reader for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Dental Health Emergent Reader
Teaching kids to take care of their teeth is an important topic for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Children need to understand the importance of brushing their teeth twice a day, of eating healthy foods while limiting lots of sugar, eating health foods to grow strong bones, and visiting the dentist to get regular cleanings. This free printable Dental Health Emergent Reader is a great tool to use with kids for a health unit, letter t is for teeth weekly theme, or Dental Health Month in February.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep dental reader for helping students not only learn about their teeth, but work on their reading skills too. Use these in literacy and science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of a dental or human body study. With this pack, children will learn about how to care for their teeth to keep them healthy and strong.
Dental Activities for Preschoolers
Preschool Dental Health
Each page of this book contains two activities. The first activity includes learning to read the short sentences in the book. The second activity works on fine motor skills by having children color in the picture, trying to stay inside the lines. This can be done with markers, pencils, crayons or even paints. They could also decorate the pages with stickers if they wish.
Dental Printables for Kids
If you are looking for more fun teeth themed activities for dental health month in February or any other time you want to sneak in some tooth fairy activities, check out these resources:
- Dental Health Letter Tracing
- Tooth Fairy Letter and Notes Printables
- Free printable Teeth Brushing Chart
- Teeth Tracing Numbers & Counting Mats
- D is for Dentist printable pack for learning the letter d
- FUN Dental Health Month Crafts for February
- Tooth Fairy Worksheets for Kids
- Dental Printables – My Teeth Reader (color, read, and learn)
- Monster Teeth Counting Playdough Mats – Dental Activity
- Dental Health Coloring Pages – taking care of your teeth and design your own tooth character
- Lots of fun ideas in this Dentist Preschool Theme
- Sliding Brushing Teeth Visual Sequence Dental Printables
- Playdough Flossing Activity – Dental Health Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun and easy to make Tooth Craft with free printable tooth and toothbrush template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!