Looking for a cute strawberry craft? This darling strawberry handprint project is sure to be a hit with not only your toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child, but with parents too. This handprint strawberry craft is super simple to make and such a precious keepsake of their little hands! Whether you make this strawberry handprint craft in June when strawberries start flooding the grocery store or as a fun summer craft for kids – don’t miss this simple strawberry art and craft.
One of our favorite activities to do during the summer is pick strawberries. It’s a fun way to spend time together as a family and enjoy the sunshine. We especially love to eat all of the freshly picked strawberries too. To remember our family outing, we created this Strawberry handprint project as a special keepsake. THis handprint strawberry is the perfect strawberry craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to celebrate summertime.
All you need to make this cute strawberry crafts for preschoolers are a few simlple materials you probably already have on hand.
- Red Construction Paper
- Black Paint
- Gteen Construction Paper
Handprint strawberry craft
To begin making the strawberry craft for toddlers, draw a strawberry on the red construction paper. To help my young children, I tell them to draw a heart but make the bottom of it rounded instead of a point.
Next, cut out the strawberry. Young children who haven’t developed their fine motor skills yet may need hand over hand support to cut.
Then, dip your finger into the black paint and make dots on the strawberry for the seeds. Children can use a paint brush or cotton swab too if they don’t want to touch the paint with their fingers.
Strawberry handprint craft
While the paint dries on your strawberry craft for preschoolers, trace your hands on the green construction paper or have someone trace them for you. Then, cut the handprints out and glue them on top of the strawberry for the leaves.
Strawberry art and craft
Finally, cut a small rectangle out of the green construction paper for the strawberry’s stem and glue it on the back of the handprint leaves.
As an option, you can cut a rectangle out of the center of the strawberry and tape a picture of your family picking strawberries to the back of it. Then, glue magnets on the back of your craft and hang it on your refrigerator for a special keepsake of your summer.
Not only will your children have fun creating this strawberry paper craft but you will love to look back and treasure their little handprints as they grow too.
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- Human Body Project
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Rainbow Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids