Study camping using this delightful week-long camping theme. Pick your favorite camping theme ideas from this list of camping picture books, educational camping activities for kids, and enjoy a fascinating week learning theme with your kids! This camping theme preschool, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders is sure to keep kids engaged during the spring, summer, and fall. You will love all the camping printables included to save you time! Between the camping activities for kids and the camping crafts for kids – this is going to be an EPIC week of learning!
Camping theme preschool
Kids will be excited to learn with this camping theme. All of these camping theme classroom ideas center around a tent or camper, hikes to see nature animals, fishing, campfires, and more. Use these preschool camping theme resources with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Use these summer weekly themes as part of summer learning or to keep kids engaged with spring learning. Either way these camping activities for kids are sure to make learning math, litearcy, science, social studies, camping crafts, and more FUN!
Camping theme activities
Start off by grabbing this HUGE pack of FREE camping worksheets or these forest animals worksheets for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and 1st grade students!
- Improve your children’s fine motor skills with these camping tracing strips!
- Camping Scavenger Hunt from East Coast Mommy
- The Best Camping Books for Kids from Ruffles and Rain
- Printable Nature Story Cards that Help with Expressive Language from Simple Everyday Mom
- Camping CVC Sight Words Activity
- Smores Rhyming Words Activity
- Free Birds on a Branch ABC Games
- Your older kids will love this flashlight hidden message hunt from Making Time for Mummy, especially with S’mores as the secret reward!
- Smores Sentence Game
Camping Math activities
- Camping Counting Book for young learners
- Check out these frog math worksheets!
- Spring Birds Addition Game
- Smores Skip Counting Activity
- Shapes Flashlight Constellations
- Fishing Number Bonds Math Craft
- B is for Bear Worksheets
- Firefly Make 10 Math Game
- Skip Counting Counting Constellations Worksheets
- Ladybug Addition Math Game
- Acorn Cut and Paste Math Worksheets
- Don’t forget to checkout these hot chocolate multiplication and division worksheets for your older kids!
- Start your arts and crafts day by making a firefly bug craft with your kids!
- Camping Story Stone from Ruffles and Rainboots
- How to Make a Toy Teepee from Crafts on Sea
- Camping Crafts and Activities from East Coast Mommy
- Glowing Campfire Craft for Kids from Buggy and Buddy
- Twig Weaving Camp Craft for Kids
- And be sure to make your own camping lantern from Whats Up Fagans!
Camping themed classroom activities
- Take these nature walk worksheets to fill out while you’re camping!
- Learn Why Do Leaves Change Color in the fall
- Cootie Catcher Constellations Printables
- Air Pressure Science Project
- Animal Habitats for Kids Activity
- Homemade Weather Vane and Compass Activity
- Habitat for Kids Adventure Science Game
- Animals that Hibernate Worksheets
- Don’t forget to do this Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt on your camping trip!
- Free Constellations Wheel Printables
Camping themed activities for elementary
- How to Make Campfire Cookies from Natural Beach Living
- 10 No-Prep Campfire Game
- Outdoor Adventure Find and Color Activity from Picklebums
- 100 Would You Rather Questions for Kids from best ideas for kids
- Family Camping Games from Family Maven
- How to Build a Campfire with your Kids from One MIghty Family
- S’mores Cones Receipe from Thrifty Jinx
- Tips for Camping with Kids
- Camping Class for Your Homeschool Co-op from Walking by the Way
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Campfire S’more Split
- Free Printable Forest Animal Finger Puppets
And remember to take a camping trip with your kids. Even if it’s only in the backyard!
Camping themed activities
Books to Read
You have two options for using books in your camping theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about camping with your kids:
- Camping Tracing Strips
- Camping with Kids: Tips & Tricks
- 10 Games to Play Around a Campfire
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Smores Rhyming Words Activity
- Camping Counting Book
- Missing Number Clip Cards
- Cowboy Themed Math Cards
- Pigeon Themed Math Cards
- Camping Worksheets for Kids
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
- Smores Skip Counting Activity
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.
Leave a Reply