Looking for a fun, resusable way for Kindergarten and 1st graders to practice skip counting math, money, telling time, addition, rhyming, opposites and language arts word blends? Here are our family favorite file folder games that will provide lots of learning fun and most of them are FREE!
What is a File Folder Game?
As I prepared for our long car trips I discovered File Folder Games! File Folder Games are activities that are contained in one folder. I put mine together using self-stick magnets & Velcro so they are totally self-contained and perfect for some educational fun in the car. I color coded my folders for ease of use – all our K/1st folders are blue and our Preschool folders are green (8 Favorite Preschool File Folder Games).
8 favorite Kindergarten & 1st Grade File Folder Games
Skipping to Oregon File Folder Game
Monkey Money File Folder Game
Daniel in the Lion’s Den File Folder Game
Dino Bones File Folder Game
Space Rhymes File Folder Game
Polar Picnic File Folder Game
Rain Showers File Folder Game
What You Need to Make File Folder Games
Want to make your own? Click on the links above to go directly to the source to download your favorite file folder game then use these supplies to make your own!
My favorite Preschool File Folder Games.
Do you have a favorite Preschool File Folder Game I missed? I hope this helps others save time searching around for good file folder games! Please tell me about it in the comments section!
Fun Kindergarten Activities
- How to Make Snow Candy (historical, fun winter activity)
- Glow in the Dark Playdough
- DIY Microwave Puffy Paint
- Homemade Scratch off Cards
- 60+ Fun ways to Use a BOX!
- How to Color Rice
- DIY Block City from a Pizza Box
- Making the Most of Educational DVDs with Alphabet Stamps
- Velcro Craft Stick Preschool Activity with free printable idea book
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Reading the Easy Way – Preschool reading program using 5 games, fun worksheets (like color by sight word), and readers.