Looking for a fun, resusable way for preschoolers to practice counting, numbers, colors, and alphabet letters? Here are 8 preschool file folder games that will provide lots of learning fun and most of them are FREE!
What is a File Folder Game?
As I prepared for our long car trips I discovered File Folder Games! File Folder Games are activities that are contained in one folder. I put mine together using self-stick magnets & Velcro so they are totally self-contained and perfect for some educational fun in the car. I color coded my folders for ease of use – all our Preschool folders are green.
8 favorite Preschool File Folder Games
Ice Cream File Folder Game
Berry Patch Alphabet File Folder Game
Under Construction Counting File Folder Game
Watermelon Picnic Counting File Folder Game
Gumball Letters Alphabet File Folder Game
Paint Brush Matching Color File Folder Game
Horse Numbers File Folder Game
Cookies Alphabet File Folder Game
What You Need to Make File Folder Games
Want to make your own? Click on the links above to go directly to the source to download your favorite file folder game then use these supplies to make your own!
Here are my favorite K / 1st Grade File Folder Games.
Do you have a favorite Preschool File Folder Game I missed? I hope this helps others save time searching around for good file folder games! Please tell me about it in the comments section!
Fun Preschool Activities
- How to Make Snow Candy (historical, fun winter activity)
- Glow in the Dark Playdough
- DIY Microwave Puffy Paint
- Homemade Scratch off Cards
- 60+ Fun ways to Use a BOX!
- How to Color Rice
- DIY Block City from a Pizza Box
- Making the Most of Educational DVDs with Alphabet Stamps
- Velcro Craft Stick Preschool Activity with free printable idea book
- Reading the Easy Way – Preschool reading program using 5 games, fun worksheets (like color by sight word), and readers.