Learn all about the Fourth of July with this delightful week-long Fourth of July theme. Pick your favorite books and educational activities and have a marvelous week learning with your kids!
Fourth of July Theme
Themes are a great way to make learning fun and keep kids engaged as they learn math, grammar, reading, writing, science, history, and crafts with a fun theme. Make sure to check out all our themes that are perfect for preschool, prek, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
Books to Read
You have two options for using books in your unit study about the Fourth of July:
- You can read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Remember that kids love repetition, so they won’t get bored!
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about the Fourth of July with your kids:
Don’t forget to check out these fun Fourth of July activities to complete each day starting with this
Fourth of July Language Arts Activities
Improve your children’s fine motor skills with this patriotic fine motor weaving!
- 15 Patriotic Picture Books for Kids
- Kids Books that Celebrate Fireworks, the Flag and July 4th
- Patriotic Printable Pack for Tots and Preschoolers
- Patriotic Printables Packet
- American Flag Bookmark
Fourth of July Math Activities
Make Patriotic Pattern Sticks with your kids!
- Free Patriotic Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Free Patriotic Preschool Worksheets
- Free Patriotic Subtraction Mats
Don’t forget to enjoy kitchen math with this Patriotic Monster Cookie Recipe!
Fourth of July Art & Craft Projects
Start your arts and crafts day by making this delightful paper plate Uncle Sam!
- Painter’s tape American flag!
- Make your own bomb pop popsicle craft
- Simple Bald Eagle Craft for Kids
- Patriotic Kids Blower
- DIY Party Poppers
- Yarn-Wrapped Stars
- Fireworks Straw Rocket
- Fireworks Rink Craft
- Fireworks Painting
- Quick and Easy Art for the 4th of July
- 4th of July Easy Treat Bags
- Straw Rockets (with free rocket template)
- Patriotic Necklace
- Patriotic Wand Craft
- Make a Statue of Liberty Crown and Torch
- DIY Patriotic Yarn Mason Jar
- Handprint-Footprint Eagle Homemade Tshirt Design
- 4th of July Decorations
- Patriotic Wreaths and Candles
- Easy Tissue Paper America Flag Preschool Craft
- Salt Fireworks: Festive Fine Motor Craft for Kids
- 2 DIY Cardboard Fourth of July Hats
- Let’s Make Patriotic Paper Plate Purses
- Patriotic Bubble Blowers Craft
- 4th of July DIY Paper Fans Template
- DIY American Flag Ring
- 4th of July Stained Glass Window Bunting
- Firework Rockets
- Paper Plate American Flag Craft
- Easy Flag Craft
- DIY Flag T-shirts
- Patriotic Pom Po Eagle Garland
- Paint Stick American Flag Handprint Craft for Kids
- The 7 Cutest 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Patriotic American Flag Craft
Challenge your older kids with DIY American Flag mason jars!
Fourth of July Science Experiments
Make Clear Glue Slime as a 4th of July science activity!
- 4th of July Skittles Science Experiment
- 4th of July Science Activity and Chemistry for Kids
- A Patriotic Spin on the Zoetrope Animation STEAM Project
- Confetti Fireworks: Engineering for Kids
- Introduce your kids to density with these glow in the dark sensory bottles.
Don’t forget to make an American Flag using water science experiments.
Fourth of July Social Studies
Start your 4th of July celebrations with 4th of July Pancakes!
- Pledge of Allegiance Printables for Early Learners
- Revolutionary War Unit for Kids
- Berry Trifle-Inspired Desserts
- How to Make Chocolate Pretzels for 4th of July
- Enjoy Firecracker Strawberry Pops
- 4th of July Cupcakes
- Red White and Blue Popcorn Snack
- Easy 4th of July Cookie Decorating
- American Flag Fruit Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Free 4th of July Party Printables
- Printable 4th of July Puzzles
- Playdough Activity for the 4th of July