Great ready to celebrate Columbus Day on October 12th with these super cute, fun, and clever Columbus day crafts for kid from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. These are such a fun extension to a history lesson on early explorers talking about how Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
Columbus Day Crafts
Christopher Columbus sought out the King and Queen of Spain, Ferdinand and Isabella, to fund his voyage to the East Indies going west to reach the East because Columbus was convinced the earth was round and it would be as shortcut to reach the spices to trade with Asia. So in 1492 Columbus sailed with the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria through the Atlantic Ocean and ended up in the Caribbean. While he did not actually discover America, it marked the beginning of exploration and colonization of North America. These super cute and fun Columbus Day Crafts are a great way to remember this historic event with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this huge list of creative columbus day craft ideas is perfect for engaging young learners!
Columbus Day Crafts for Kids
These fun to make, easy Columbus crafts help kids to recreate the three ships that made the voyage using a variety of simple craft supplies such as craft sticks, construction paper, toothpicks, crepe paper, and even fruit loops.
- Columbus Day Boat Craft from Reel Mama
- Columbus Day Spice Craft from My Very Educated Mama
- Columbus Day Boat Craft from Crayon Freckles
Columbus day craft preschool
Children will have fun constructing their own floating boats as you try these STEM Columbus activities. Plus, don’t miss this adorable Columbus Day ship hand art project!
- Columbus Day Hand Art Project from A Moms View from the Pew
- Columbus Day Boat Engineer Challenge from Planet Smarty Pants
- Columbus Day Boat Craft from Kids Play Box
Columbus Day Homeschool Activities
Make a yummy, educational snack to add to your Columbus Day theme, pretend you are a famous explorer, or pick one of these columbus day crafts for preschool to make.
- Columbus Day Snack from Creative Kids Snacks
- FREE printable Columbus Day Hat and Spy Glass from Layers of Learning
- Columbus Day Coffee Filter Boat Craft from Glued to my Craft
Columbus day arts and crafts
There are several printable Columbus day projects including this super cute ship in a bottle paper project.
- Columbus Day Ship in a Bottle Craft (Free) from Teach-a-Roo
- Columbus Day Lacing Craft (free printable) from Mrs. T. First Grade Class
- Wood Stick Ship from Craft Project Ideas
Columbus day crafts for toddlers
Make a large ship out of boxes, cute boats that actually sail using balloon power, or recreate an old tattered map for navigation.
- Old World Map Craft from Elementary Shennanigans
- Milk Cartoon Spanish Galleon from DLTK
- Balloon Boat Races from One Charming Party
Finally, make a plastic bottle ship in a bottle for kids, sail in a laundry basket, or make a paper mache globe:
- Laundry Basket Sailboat from No Time for Flashcards
- Columbus Day Paper Mache Globe from More than a Homeschool Mom
- Voyage in a Bottle from Crayola
Columbus Day Printables
- Free Columbus Day Printables including coloring pages and creative writing prompts
- Early Explorers for Kids -hands on history unit
- US States for Kids
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables