Create some stunning and unique butterfly crafts for kids this spring or summer. We have some super creative butterfly craft ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. These pretty butterfly crafts for preschoolers are sure to be a hit as a spring craft for kids or a summer craft for kids!
We have some super creative butterfly craft ideas and butterfly activities for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. There are lots of educational butterfly activities to choose from, including butterfly math, butterfly literacy, and butterfly printables for kids. This list also has lots of and lots of gorgeous butterfly crafts to make with your kids. These bright, colorful, and creative butterfly crafts for Kids and butterfly activities are perfect to celebrate spring and summer when we see butterflies fluttering around the garden in our backyards!
Butterfly Crafts for Kids
Try one of these butterfly craft ideas with kids of all ages from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Most of these butterfly crafts are projects that use common supplies you probably already have on hand in your homes. All of these projects are perfect spring crafts for kids to make and display.
- Learn all about butterfly life cycles with this free printable Butterfly Life Cycle Crafts
- This cute bowtie pasta butterfly craft for kids will look gorgeous hung n the wall.
- The kids will love making this pasta mosaic Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- This Butterfly Sun catcher craft will look gorgeous on the windows.
- This poop-up Butterfly Craft is lots of fun to make and to play with
- Make some gorgeous butterfly stained glass pasta art
- Try making these cute noodle butterflies from How Dose She
- Get crafty with this simple butterfly washi tape craft from Artsy Momma
- Learn all about Morpho butterflies while making this craft from Kid World Citizen
- Use this dying technique to make this butterfly art from Kids Activities Blog
- These clay Butterflies from Nurture Store would make lovely spring decorations.
- The kids will love making this cook 3D butterfly artwork from Whatever
- Try making these mixed media painted paper butterflies from Deep Space Sparkle
Butterfly Crafts for Preschoolers
These gorgeous butterfly crafts for preschoolers are perfect for a spring or summer learning theme, or just for fun! Using crafty items you probably already have on hand, make one of these gorgeous butterfly projects with your preschoolers!
- This tissue paper butterfly craft is perfect for preschoolers, and older kids!
- Save up your cardboard rolls to make this simple toilet paper roll butterfly craft.
- This cupcake liner butterfly craft is easy to make from Crafty Morning
- Work on scissor skills with this butterfly sun catcher from Minieco
- Make this super cute paper bag butterfly from I Heart Crafty Things
- This is another great way to make toilet paper roll butterflies from Twig and Toadstool
- Everyone will love this colorful preschool butterfly craft from Arty Crafty Kids
- Work on fine motor skills with this pony bead butterfly from Where Imagination Grows
- This is a super cute popsicle stick butterfly craft from I Heart Crafty Things
Butterfly Crafts for Toddlers
These butterfly crafts are perfect for toddlers. Keep your toddlers busy being creative and making lots of beautiful butterfly craft to decorate your home or classroom.
- Get messy and have fun making this shaving cream Butterfly Craft
- Toddlers will love making and wearing these butterfly wings from Fun at Home with Kids
- Work on fine motor skills with this contact paper butterfly from I Heart Crafty Things
- Get out the paint and make this colorful egg carton butterfly from Crafty Morning
- Toddlers will love helping to make this fun footprint butterfly flower pot from Mama Papa Buba
- How fun is this B is for Butterfly hand print art from Crystal and Co.
- Toddlers will love making these apple print butterflies from I Heart Crafty Things
- Have fun making these colorful aluminum foil butterflies from I Heart Arts and Crafts
Butterfly Math Activities
Your kids will love learning with these fun butterfly math activities. There are lots of great butterfly themed number activities and printables to choose from.
- Practice addition with these free Printable Butterfly Spring Math Addition Mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Preschool, pre-K and kindergarten kids will love this Butterfly Number Sense Activities Printable.
- Have fun playing this Free printable Butterfly missing addend game for Kindergarten.
- Practice counting to 10 with these printable Butterfly Math Ten Frame Punch Cards.
- Work on counting and addition with these fun printable Butterfly Addition Puzzles.
- Kindergarten will love these Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- These free printable Counting Butterflies Worksheets are great for practicing counting and number recognition.
Work on phonics, learn about butterfly life cycles, work on math skills, and more with these free educational printables featuring a cute butterfly theme
- Keep the kids learning with this Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Everyone will love making and playing with this butterfly life cycle sensory bottle with free printable labels from Fun A Day.
- Learn all about butterflies with this free printable Butterfly Life Cycle Printables
- The kids will have lots of fun playing this free printable butterfly life cycle game from Homeschool Preschool.
- Have fun with these butterfly coloring pages from One Little Project.
- Use these free printable butterfly templates from Picklebums for coloring, crafts or playdough.
- Try these free printable butterfly sudoku puzzles from the Gift of Curiosity.
Butterfly Language Activities
These butterfly literacy activities are great for a spring learning theme. Preschoolers can practice letter recognition, while older kids can work on reading skills with these fun butterfly language arts activities.
- Everyone will love these free printable Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets
- Work on the letter B with these B is for Butterfly activities for toddlers and preschoolers
- Practice rhyming words with this fun butterfly puzzles printable rhyming game.
- Practice literacy skills with this Butterfly long i games
- Preschoolers will love learning their names with this easy butterfly name activity from Fun a Day
- Work on learning color words with this free printable butterfly color easy reader book & clip cards set from 3 Dinosaurs.
- Learn new vocabulary with this parts of a butterfly playdough mat from The ABCs of Literacy.
Butterfly Science Activities
- Learn all about hatching butterflies with these free printable Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheets and Observation Book
- Try this crafty science project to make stunning chromatography butterflies
- Kids of all ages will love this Static Electricity Butterfly Experiment from I Heart Crafty Things.
- Build a monarch butterfly life cycle with LEGOs with these instructions from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
- Find out how to grow a butterfly garden from Inspiration Laboratories.
- Try this cool science experiment and make crystal butterflies from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Butterfly Ideas for Kids
If you are looking for even more super fun butterfly activities for kids these caterpillar and flower ideas will go perfectly with all the fun butterfly crafts and butterfly activities.
- Why not throw a Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party!
- Print these free printable Hungry Caterpillar worksheets to keep the kids busy learning all about butterflies and caterpillars.
- Make a super cute egg carton caterpillar to go with your butterflies.
- Practice math skills with these free printable Hungry Caterpillar number tracing worksheets.
- Preschoolers will love making this gorgeous painted flower craft.
- Kids of all ages will love making this fun spin art flower craft.
- No butterfly could resist this easy paper plate sunflower craft.
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or you eschooler, you will love these butterfly projects to go along with a spring theme or a butterfly theme in your classroom or at home.