Create some stunning and unique butterfly crafts for kids this spring or summer. We have some super creative butterfly craft ideas for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. These pretty butterfly crafts for preschoolers are sure to be a hit as a spring craft for kids or a summer craft for kids!
Butterfly Crafts for Kids
These bright, colorful, and creative Butterfly Crafts for Kids are perfect to celebrate spring and summer when we see butterflies fluttering around the garden in our backyards. Try our butterfly craft ideas with kids of all ages from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Most of these butterfly crafts for toddlers are projects that use common supplies you probably already have on hand in your homes.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or you eschooler, you will love these butterfly projects to go along with a spring theme or a butterfly theme in your classroom or at home.
Butterfly craft ideas
Grab some craft sticks, clothespins, pipe cleaners, coffee filters, and even bow tie pasta to try these super cute butterfly craft ideas!
- Marbled Paper Butterfly Craft from The Artful Parent
- Cupcake Liner Butterfly Craft from Crafty Morning
- Coffee Filter Butterfly from Parenting
- Noodle Butterflies from How Dose She
Butterfly Crafts for Preschoolers
From making a pretty suncatcher for your window to a butterfly puppet kids can play with, a stunning collage of colorful butterflies and a recycled egg carton butterfly project – we’ve got a lot of fun ideas to engage kids!
- Butterfly Suncatcher from Minieco
- Paper Bag Butterfly from I Heart Crafty Things
- 3D Butterfly Artwork from Whatever . . .
- Egg Carton Butterfly from Crafty Morning
Butterfly art preschool
Don’t throw out those toilet paper rolls, tp rolls make a great base for so many crafts included several very unique butterfly projects!
- TP Butterfly Craft from Bo Bunny
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies from Twig and Toadstool
- Preschool Butterfly Craft from Arty Crafty Kids
- Painted Paper Butterflies from Deep Space Sparkle
Butterfly Crafts for Toddlers
We love hand art at our house. THere is nothing sweeter for me to look at as my kids grow up than the sweet keepsake of handprint crafts that capture those cute little hands that use to hold mine.
- Hand Print Butterflies from Babble
- Footprint Butterfly Flower Pot from Mama Papa Buba
- Footprint Canvas Art from The Frugal Girls
- B is for Butterfly from Crystal and Co.
Spring crafts for preschoolers
Let’s move on to some fun bead crafts to improvve fine motor skills, cute dot marker and craft stick projects and of course fun ideas to make butterflies with paint!
- Pony Bead Butterfly from Where Imagination Grows
- Fun-to-Make Popsicle Stick Butterfly Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
- Apple Print Butterflies from I Heart Crafty Things
- Aluminum Foil Butterflies from I Heart Crafty Things
Make some life-size butterfly wings or cute pompom and chenille stick butterflies.
- Butterfly Wings from Fun at Home with Kids
- Simple Butterfly Washi Tape Craft from Artsy Momma
- Pom Pom Butterflies from Squigly’s Arts & Crafts
- Morpho Butterfly Craft from Kid World Citizen
- Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Butterfly craft for kids
FInally, try making some butteflies with tissue paper, twigs, salt dough, and more!
- Contact Paper Butterfly from I Heart Crafty Things
- Crayon Shaving Butterflies from Two Daloo
- Dye Art Butterflies from Kids Activities Blog
- Clay Butterflies from Nurture Store
- B is for butterfly crafts for kids
- Tissue paper butterfly crafts for kids
- Butterfly milk toast crafty snack
- Pop-up butterfly craft
After you’ve made your cute butterfly craft, sneak in some educational fun with one of these butterfly worksheets:
- Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets include fun math and literacy activities for young learners based on the classic eric carle book
- Animal I Spy Worksheets include pretty butterflies to seek and find
- Math Crack the Code Worksheets usese butterflies as one of the codes
- Butterfly Lifecycle Themed Worksheets for pre-k, kindergarten, and grade 1
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly for kids printables to watch the butterfly life cycle in person
- Butterfly Math with cute Spring Addition Mats
- Fun Butterfly Rhyming Games
- These butterfly missing addend activity are great for kindergartners and 1st grade students
- Butterfly Addition Puzzles
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printable
- Number Tracing Worksheets featuring a Hungry Caterpillar
- Hungry Caterpillar Money Game
- Cute Caterpillar and Butterfly Number Flashcards
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten Game
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!