Christmas is almost here, can you believe it? We took out all our Christmas decorations and ornaments already and decided to have some fun with while learning this December at the same time with this Christmas memory game. This Christmas ornaments game is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students who are working on their memory skills.
Christmas Memory Game
We used the small picture ornaments and a mini stocking for our memory game. These picture ornaments are perfect for this game because it is clear and simple pictures. With younger kids you can first discuss the names of the pictures and work in a vocabulary lesson too;)
Christmas ornaments game
Place all the ornaments in the stocking. Take only a few- start with 3, out and place it on the table so that the players can see it. The players can take turns picking out without looking, this way it makes the game more interactive and adds excitement too.
Keep the ornaments visible for a few seconds(the time will depend on the age of the children), then hide at under the stocking.
Older kids: each can have a pencil and paper and write down what they remember seeing. For example- A gift, mitten and house.
Younger kids: they can simply tell you what they saw or draw it. Or, if you have more than one set of these ornaments, they can pack out the ones they remember seeing.
If the players remembered 3 items, move onto 4. Increase the number of ornaments if they find it easy enough, if not, keep with that number for a few rounds.
This game can also be played at a Christmas party- I bet even adults will enjoy it!
A fun memory game to play using Christmas ornaments you already have!
- Christmas Tree Letter Find – Free Christmas Worksheets
- Printable Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Grinch Printables Phonics Puzzles
- Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Ornament Christmas Letter Tracing
- Confetti Christmas Alphabet Tracing
- Stocking Christmas Printables for practicing trace upper and lowercase letters
- Create-a-Word Christmas Spelling Activity
- Christmas Writing Prompts for Kids
- Free Printable Christmas Stationary to get kids writing in December
- Christmas Elf Creative Writing
- Free Christmas Rhyming Worksheets
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Rhyming Gingerbread Activity
- Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
- Paint and Spell – Christmas Spelling Activities
- Christmas Phonics Decorate the Word Family Trees