If you are working on teaching simple machines for kids, you will love these handy simple machines worksheets that turn into a cute simple machines booklet. The mini book containes pictures of simple machines and information about the lever, wedge, screw, pulley, inclined plane, and wheel and axle. This quick, free printable simple machine activity is a great way to help kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders learn about these common, useful inventions. Simply print simple machines pdf and you are ready to play and learn!
Simple Machines for Kids
If you are looking for a fun, simple way to teach simple machines for kids this free printable mini book is perfect! This simple machine worksheets are in black and white for kids to color if they wish and save on printer ink costs. SImply fold following the instructions and you have a handy reference with information about the 6 simple machines including a deffinition and picture. This resources is perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love using this resources in your simple machine unit, as a pocket guide, with a simple machines scavenger hunt, or as a science reader for kids.
Simple machines worksheet
Simple machines booklet
This simple to make mini book with help introduce or reinforce the six simple machines.
- Pulley is a simple machine with one or more grooved wheels connected by a rope. Examples include: flagpole, window blinds, sails on a ship, etc.
- Wheel and axle is a moveabl simple machine centered on a fix point. Examples inclue: car wheel, ferris, wheel, door knob, steering wheel, etc.
- Inclined Plane is a flat surface with one edge raised highter than the other. Examples include: skate board ramp, car ramp, wheelchair ramp, etc.
- Screw is a specialized simple machine that is used to raise and lower things as well as hold things together. Examples include: screw, bottle lid, drill, etc.
- Wedge is an inclined plane that is thick at one end and tapers to a point on the other, often used to seperate things. Examples include: scissors, door stop, boat, etc.
- Lever bar used for raising or moving weights centered on a fulcrum. Examples include: seesaw, scale, oars, door handle, wheelbarrow.
To make each book all you need is to print one page in black and white. Kids can color in the simple machines throughout the book if they like. It is then cleverly folded to make a pocket size mini book.
Pictures of simple machines
The simple machine mini book includes:
- what the 6 simple machines are
- a picture of each simple machine to help kids visualize it
- a definition of each simple machine
- examples of all 6 simple machines
- review of the 6 simple machines
Different types of simple machines
Simple Machines Activities
- Inclined Planes for kids – explanation, activities, and resources
- Wheel and Axle for kids lesson with projects and other fun ideas
- Gears for Kids filled with lots of hands on activities
- Wedges and Screw Simple Machine Lesson for children
- Levers and Pulleys lesson for students
- I Spy simple machines for kids
- MATCH – Simple Machines Game
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Projects
- Free Simple Machines Worksheet to fold into a clever booklet
- Candy Simple Machines Project
- Pulley Experiment from recycled materials
Fun Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Simple machines pdf
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from EduClips
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!