These no prep, free printable simple machine worksheets are a handy way to review what students have learned in a simple machines for kids science lesson. These science worksheets are a great tool to review and assess what kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students have learned.
Simple Machine Worksheets
So what are simple machines anyway? There are six simple machines: inclined plane, lever, wedge, wheel and axle, pulley, and screw. Simple machines are just like they are named simple meaning there are few if any moving parts. (In fact most every machine is made up of at least one simple machine.). Simple machines purpose is to help create motion to get a task accomplished. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these simple machine worksheets are a huge time saver as you teach kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Keep scrolling to learn more and see the rest of our simple machines for kids study!
Free Simple Machine worksheets
Simple Machine Worksheets for Kids
Simply print the handouts you want to use with your children. We have a variety of five different styles to choose from to make them appropriate for a wide variety of elementary age students.
- What is a simple machine worksheet
- Cut and paste simple machine worksheet for kids where they will cut and paste machines using the cute clipart images
- Review definitions of simple machines
- Simple Machines at Home – describe or draw a picture of the simple machine – review the six simple machines with this free science worksheet
- Simple Machines in the Community – draw a picture of the simple machine you found
- Simple Machine test for upper elementary age students to see what they’ve learned
Simple Machines for Kids
- Inclined Plane Simple Machine – explanation, activities, and resources
- Wheel and Axle for kids lesson with projects and other fun ideas
- Gears Simple Machines for Kids filled with lots of hands on activities
- Wedges and Screws Simple Machines Lesson for children
- Levers and Pulleys lesson for students
- I Spy simple machines for kids
- MATCH – Simple Machines Game
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Projects
- Free Simple Machines Booklet
- Candy Simple Machines Project
- Pulley Experiment from recycled materials
Fun Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Download Simple Machine Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share this resource please direct others to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from EduClips
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!