Are you learning about simple machines for kids? These no-prep, free printable simple machines worksheets are a handy way to review what students have learned. Use these simple machines worksheet pages to review and assess what kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students have learned. There are various different choices of simple machine worksheet for learning about pulley, wheel and axle, inclined plane, wedge, screw, and pulleys. Simply print the simple machines at home worksheet and you are ready to go!
Simple Machines Worksheet
So what are simple machines anyway? There are six simple machines including the inclined plane, lever, wedge, wheel and axle, pulley, and screw. Simple machines are just like they are named simple meaning there are few if any moving parts. (In fact most every machine is made up of at least one simple machine.). Simple machines purpose is to help create motion to get a task accomplished. These simple machines worksheet help kids review what each simple machine is and what it does using fill in the blank, cut and paste worksheets, draw a simple machine, and more. These worksheet on simple machines are handy for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. Whether you do a whole unit or just review a concept, these handy simple machine worksheet pages are a quick and easy science worksheet for kids.
Whether you are a parent looking for some at home learning, classroom teacher putting together a science unit, or a homeschooler looking to complete a simple machines lesson, -these simple machines worksheets are sure to save you time while allowing for some quick review.
Simple Machine Worksheet
Simple Machines Worksheets
Included in these simple machines worksheet grade 4 are various pages to allow you to review no matter your child’s age. First of in these are:
- Identify the simple machine pictured and give an example of each
- Cut and paste simple machines worksheet (great as a simple machines kindergarten worksheets)
- Simple Machines at Home – describe or draw a picture of the simple machine – review the six simple machines with this 3rd grade simple machines worksheet
Simple Machine worksheets
Simply print the simple machines grade 2 worksheets you want to use with your children. We have a variety of five different styles to choose from to make them appropriate for a wide variety of elementary age students.
- Scavenger Hunt Simple Machines in the Community – For this simple machine worksheet pdf kids will draw a picture of the simple machine you found
- Simple Machine test for upper elementary age students to see what they’ve learned. This 6th grade simple machines worksheet adds in more scientific terms you should have learned when studying about simple machines including: gravity, force, energy, friction, and more.
- Printable Simple Machines Review – this simple machines worksheet grade 5 has children define what is a simple machine, list the 6 simple machines, what is force, what is gravity, what is energy, and use critical thinking skills to pick which simple machine they feel like is the most helpful and why.
Simple Machines for Kids
- Inclined Planes for kids – explanation, activities, and resources
- Wheel and Axle for kids lesson with projects and other fun ideas
- Gears for Kids filled with lots of hands on activities
- Wedges and Screw Simple Machine Lesson for children
- Levers and Pulleys lesson for students
- I Spy simple machines for kids
- MATCH – Simple Machines Game
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Projects
- Free Simple Machines Worksheet to fold into a clever booklet
- Candy Simple Machines Project
- Pulley Experiment from recycled materials
Fun Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Free Simple Machines Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share this resource please direct others to this post to grab their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!