Make learning to read long ee words FUN with this super cute, free printable Long e Sound BINGO! In this phonics game, first graders will work with long ee sound in an engaging vowel team game. Simply download pdf file with long vowel ee words activity with ee phonics sound.
Long ee Words
Getting children to practice reading long ee words while playing games is a win, win. First, they are reading words….always counts as a win in my house. And it especially counts as a win when you have a child that struggles with reading. Second, the kiddos are having fun. And that is always a win! So today, we are uisng a vowel team activities to work on the long e sound while playing Bingo. This grade 1 phonics activity is great for practicing reading long ee sound words!
Long e Sound
Long ee Sound Words
With just a few minutes of prep-work, you and your little readers will be ready to work on reading “ee” words.
- First, print off the number of boards that you need, 1 set of word cards, and 1 copy of page 10 (that is the cheat sheet)!
- Next, cut out the words.
- Finally, gather up some type of board markers, (we used transparent circles) and you are ready to go!!
Long ee Sound
Isn’t it nice when we get to work on letters that follow the rules. Well, the “ee” follows the vowel team rule. When two vowels go a walkin, the first one does the talkin. That means that when we see “ee”, we can teach our children to say the long e sound or say the letter e.
I also like the saying, “ee, climb the tree”.
However you teach it, it is important that our kiddos know that when reading “ee” words, they make the long e sound as in tree, fee, and coffee. But of course, if the “ee” is next to an “L”, the sound changes a little. Before playing the game, I would practice words like
ee Vowel Words
The game is just like any other bingo game, except you want to make sure that each child playing is reading the words. When I played with my little ones, I would pass a word out to both of them at the same time. They would then sound it out, and then find that word on the Bingo sheet.
Just as a heads up, you may need to explain a few of the pictures. The other long vowel ee words included are: wheel, weed, screen, reel, canteen, peel, heel, cheese, fee, see, speech, queen, beet, bee, street, teeth, coffee, feet, tree, beet, fifteen, seed, green, jeep.
- Reel – part of a fishing rod
- Coffee – drink it out of a mug
- fee – you have to pay a fee to get your ticket
- speech – in comic books we show that someone is speaking when we put a bubble above the head
- weed – dandelions are normally considered a weed not a flower (don’t tell my little guy who is always bringing them in to me)
- canteen – is like a water bottle
When someone gets five in a row, they win. And look at all the words they read. It is truly a win, win situation.
looking for more fun vowel activities and resources to make learning to read and spell words fun? Check these out!
- Missing Vowels Clip Cards are a fun way for kindergartners and first grade students to practice adding in the missing vowel sounds
- Practice adding short and long vowels to word with these no-prep Vowels Worksheets
- Practice matching vowels sounds to clipart with these puzzles featuring Kindergarten Vowels
- Make practicing FUN with this cute short vowel games or use this long vowel games
- Grab these super cute CVC word puzzles free printable
- Handy Long Vowel Sounds Worksheets
- MIssing Sound Clip Cards Vowel Activities
- Long ee Words BINGO – Vowel Teams Game
- Practice adding short a words with this cut and paste activity for kids
- Long a vowel clip cards
- Short e words printable book for practicing adding the e vowel
- Cut and Paste short i words mini book
- Short i words Printable sight word reader for kids to practice reading short i words
- Cute Bunny Short i words puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice listening for the short i sound in words this spring!
- Work on short o words with this cut and paste booklet for kids to read, build, and write
- Cut and paste short u cvc words printable book for practicing adding the u vowel
- Printable vowel activities for kindergarten
- Irregular Vowels Activity with Verb Sliders
- See all our Vowels activities here
Vowel Team Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Download ee Sound BINGO <<