“Would you ever consider homeschooling?” “NO WAY!” I replied to my hubby.
Me & Christian Schools
My husband, on the other hand, went to a ‘good public school.’ Although he learned the basic subjects he didn’t really love learning or have a real depth in any of them. (I never took Calculus, but with the excellent math classes I had growing up, I was able to tutor him in his college Calculus class.) What made a deeper impression on him was the bullying, promiscuity, suicides, and what-not that he witnessed. My hubby did fine; he developed what drew me to him in the first place – his sense of humor. That sense of humor got him through school unscathed.
Our Choice to Homeschool
So back to our decision. Several years after boldly proclaiming that we would NOT be homeschooling we had our first child, Goofy. I never realized I could love anyone as much as I loved that sweet, precious, innocent life God had blessed us with. And then, God started tugging on me about homeschooling.
So during my sons naps and early bedtime I read and read and read. I poured over every book I could find on the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling & public schools. I seriously read about 100 books his fist year of life. Then one day I sat down and told my husband that I agreed, I thought we should homeschool. I wasn’t crazy about it…. but I knew God was speaking very clearly to me. It was a whole foreign concept to me. My parents were both educators, my Grandma was a teacher, my sister & her husband were teachers, my mother-in-law & sister-in-law were teachers, and I really thought growing up that I was going to be a teacher – so this was completely out of my comfort zone.
During my sons 2nd year I began reading about what homeschooling looks like, how to homeschool, ideas for homeschooling, etc. I started getting excited about homeschooling. I could do this. This could be fun.
So even though it isn’t the right choice for everybody, it is the only choice for us. Homeschooling is a calling; one I do not take lightly. So weather you are homeschooling or not, feel free to join us on our journey. Learn from our mistakes, be inspired by our ideas/creativity, and remember – no matter what schooling choice you choose – it is a choice!
- Should I Homeschool my child – 5 potentional homeschool pitfalls
- 25 Reasons why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to choose the right free printable homeschool curriculum
- How does homeschooling work – how we homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Socialization – is it really a problem?
- How to Homeschool for FREE with free homeschool printables
- Why Homeschool – a peak at why we homeschool
- Take a peak at our Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization – meet our workbox system
- Homeschool Curriculum – what we choose to use each year
- Get your homeschool started right with these homeschool ideas
- Homeschool attendance sheet and other forms to help you keep organized!
- Free Printable School Memory Book
Free Homeschool Worksheets
We are here to help! We have over 1 milliion free worksheets, games, and activities for students of all ages. Click on the links below!
- Homeschool Preschool
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Homeschool 1st grade
- Homeschool 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade
- Homeschool 4th grade
- Homeschool 5th grade
- Homeschool 6th grade