Picking a homeschool curriculum is tough! There are so many wonderful choices out there. With this article I am hoping to spell out some homeschool boxed curriculum choices to help you decide what homeschool curriculum is right for you? So if you don’t want to pick and choose different elements, but want a convenient do this – you will love these homeschool in a box options that take the work out of homeschooling. These school in a box homeschool choices work for elementary, middle school, and high school students too.
Homeschool boxed curriculum
Advantages of a All-in-One Homeschool Curriculum
Boxed curriculum is a convenient option for homeschoolers. All you do is pick the grade level you need and they will include most everything you need to begin your homeschool. These homeschool boxed curriculums include things like — teacher guides, books, study sheets, tests, activities, and some include report cards. Whether you have a kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th garde, 10th grade, 11th grade, or 12th grade – there is a school in a box homeschool for you!
Besides these boxed homeschool curriculum being convenient you will have all the books and plans for a complete academic year planned for you. Plus by using the same company for many years you will be able to take advantage of their scope to ensure you are covering everything. Many boxed curriculum homeschool also makes record keeping much easier by having you mail your child’s completed work to an assigned teacher who will correct, comment, and grade your child. Some boxed curriculum even provide an official transcripts and a diploma upon completion of the program.
Homeschool in a Box
Sound like a good option for your family? Here are are some choices for box curriculum:
- Grades K-12
- Biblical perspective curriculum
- Very structured, weekly tests, lots of drills & repetition
- Costs 1st-6th Grade – $795 and 7th-12th grade – $856
- Grades K-12
- Traditional textbook curriculum with Biblical teaching woven throughout all the disciplines
- Choose from traditional textbooks, complete online solution, etextbooks, or a mixture of the three
- Costs about $850 (including teacher textbooks)
- Grades PreK – 9 (eventually through grade 12)
- Secular and literature-based
- 4-Day homeschool week schedule
- Costs for full grade packages: around $700
- Grades K-8th (but expanding through High School one grade at a time beginning in 2014)
- Nondenominational program with a Christian undertone
- Provide everything including needed school supplies
Hands-on for parents in lower grades and then progressively self-instructional in the upper grades
Cost: approximately $1300-$1500
- Grades K-12
- Traditional textbook curriculum from a Biblical perspective
- Cost: approximately $500-$700
- Nonsectarian program for grades K – 12
Geared for new homeschoolers, veterans, unschoolers, and more
Includes everything including transcripts and diploma from an accredited school
- Relaxed program with choices on courses to study; program guidelines without pressure
Cost: Elementary – $780 AND High School $1000
School in a Box Homeschool
- Toddler – 8th Grade
- Hands on history based unit for families to do together
- You will need to add Math & Langauge Arts – they have recommendations that can be purchased easily at the same time
- Costs about $500
- Grades Preschool – 12th Grrade
- Easy to use, hands on, literature based, Charlotte Mason inspired curriculum
- Focus on missions with Christian worldview woven throughout the entire curriculum
- Many subjects can be taught to a range of ages simultaneously
- Cost: about $550 (with core Social Studies & Science package which can be used by various siblings)
- Nonsectarian program for grades K – 12
As well as curriculum materials, a class teacher is available for phone or email consultation
Hands-on learning for a wide variety of learning styles
Cost: Elementary $200+ AND High School $975+
- Catholic program for grades K – 12
Includes workbooks, lesson guides, record-keeping services, and extensive phone and mail consultation services
Textbook-oriented learning focusing on traditional Catholic values
- Literature-based and Christian centered education for grades K – 12
Provides textbooks, curriculum, and supplies
18-week trial with full refund if not satisfied
Cost: Basic package from $800
So Why Wouldn’t You Purchase a Boxed Homeschool Curriculum
As you’ve probably learned already, most everything has advantages and disadvantages. Although there are many advantages, there are some disadvantages too.
- Packaged homeschool curriculum can be very expensive
- They are generally more structured programs with less options for tailoring your child’s education to their interests.
- Some new homeschoolers go the route of a boxed curriculum thinking it will be easier. But the amount of books and structure involved can be overwhelming.
- Many choose to homeschool to leave the more “traditional” sit at the desk with a book approach
Getting the Best of Both Worlds
You may decide to pick and choose to get the best of both worlds. Take advantage of some rich curriculum without buying everything. Or enjoy customizing your own curriculum while kids are in elementary school and switch over to a more traditional approach that offers high school diplomas before your child enters high school.
As for our family, we are enjoying customizing our own curriculum during the elementary years. That allows me to customize our homeschool curriculum to my children’s interests. We’ve enjoyed Bob Jones Kindergarten Math, but don’t feel the need to purchase the super expensive teacher’s guide. We love the included lesson plans with My Father’s World reasonably priced Singapore Math, but we don’t use their complete package.
If you used a Boxed Homeschool Curriculum,
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Free printable homeschool curriculum
Whether you decide to go with a boxed curriculum or not, we have tons of free printable homeschool curriculum to help you on your homeschooling journey. We are here to help! We have over 1 milliion free worksheets, games, and activities for students of all ages. Click on the links below!
- Homeschool Preschool
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Homeschool 1st grade
- Homeschool 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade
- Homeschool 4th grade
- Homeschool 5th grade
- Homeschool 6th grade
- Homeschool Math
- Homeschool Language Arts
- Homeschool Science
- Homeschool History
- Homeschool Art
- Homeschool Bible
- Should I Homeschool my child – 5 potentional homeschool pitfalls
- 25 Reasons why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to choose the right free printable homeschool curriculum
- How does homeschooling work – how we homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Socialization – is it really a problem?
- How to Homeschool for FREE with free homeschool printables
- Why Homeschool – a peak at why we homeschool
- Take a peak at our Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization – meet our workbox system
- Homeschool Curriculum – what we choose to use each year
- Get your homeschool started right with these homeschool ideas
- Homeschool attendance sheet and other forms to help you keep organized!
- Free Printable School Memory Book