This delicious, nutritious, and satisfying Apricot Rice Dinner Recipe uses Minute® Ready to Serve Rice for a perfect portable dinner solution. This easy recipe is ready in less than 2 minutes and will definitely become a new staple in your house.
I was compensated for my time in coming up with this original recipe. All opinions and ideas are soley my own.
When I was contacted to create a quick, easy, and healthy recipe for families on the go I eagerly accepted. What busy mom out there wouldn’t love all that?
I am super excited about the recipe I came up with! It combines the Convenience of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice (using a wholesome, healthy brown rice) to make a quick, portable dinner on the go for busy families. Did I mention it tastes amazing? Just ask my kids they wanted seconds!
Portable Apricot Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Dinner
This is all your are going to need to make this easy Apricot Rice Dinner. Just 4 ingredients and it will be ready in less than 2 minutes!
- Minute® Ready to Serve Rice (we used the brown rice)
- Apricot Preserves
- Slivered Almonds
Just pull off the top of the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice single-serve cup. Add 1 Tablespoon Apricot preserves.
No need to stir. No need to cover the rice. No need to add anything else!
Microwave for 1 minutes.
Stir the rice to thoroughly coat all the healthy brown rice with the delicious apricot sauce. These two flavors pair together so beautifully!
Now sprinkle lightly with thyme and add 1 Tablespoon slivered almonds.
The almonds add some healthy protein to this easy healthy recipe and pair beautifully with the flavors.
Quick, Healthy, & Yummy Portable Dinner Solution!
Like most families, there are more times than I can count that we need a quick, portable dinner. Whether it is before we dash out the door for Awana on Wednesday night or my son’s 4:45 basketball practice. . . . .
Unfortunately, that often time means a drive thru! Ugh! Not only can they get expensive, but the food is neither healthy or uses quality ingredients. This Apricot Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Dinner is the perfect solution for a healthy grab-and-go dinner for:
- Kids rushing to Sports Practice (or any activity!)
- Healthy, Quick Lunch at Work (or home!)
- Parent Working Late who Missed Dinner
- Quick, Satisfying before Awana on Wednesday
- New Favorite Dinnertime Staple!
Note: For a complete on-the-go-meal I also send along a little bag of carrots and apples. As a totally cliché Mom who is working on eating healthier as part of my New Year’s resolutions, I love that the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice provides easy portion control since it’s conveniently packaged in two individual single-serve cups. See more Minute® Ready to Serve Rice Stir-in Ideas
Turn this Recipe into a Family Size Recipe
If you are making this recipe for the whole family at home, it can easily be adapted!
In your microwave safe bowl just add 1 cup of Minute® Instant Brown Rice per person (and any water in the package directions). Next add 1 Tablespoon of Apricot preserves per cup of rice. Microwave according to package directions. Stir the rice, sprinkle lightly with thyme, and add 1 Tablespoon of slivered almonds per person.
You can serve this as a main dish along with some delicious green beans on the side and an apple for dessert! Yummy, healthy, and easy on the wallet!
Note: If you prefer, you can serve this as a rice side dish along with a Rotisserie chicken or baked chicken breast and your families favorite vegetable.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast