Candy canes are a hallmark of the Christmas season. If you love the pepperminty taste of candy canes, you’ll love these educational and fun Educational Candy Cane Activities. Use these activities in your homeschool to learn more about candy canes and to learn math, patterns, reading, name recognition, and more! These are also a great way to celebrate Candy Cane Day on December 26th.
Kids will love these hands-on Educational Candy Cane Activities that are perfect for the month of December.
Make these candy cane activities the center of a complete candy cane unit study.
Educational Candy Cane Activities
Learn with candy canes as your manipulatives in these adorable holiday-friendly activities.
- Candy Cane Towers – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Candy Cane Play Dough – Kids Activities Blog
- Candy Cane Name Ornaments – Fun A Day
- Candy Cane Play Gel – Science Kiddo
- Peppermint Oobleck – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Candy Cane Math – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Candy Cane Letters – The Letters of Literacy
Candy Cane Craft Ideas
These candy cane crafts will delight your kids and most make adorable Christmas ornaments, too!
- Candy Cane Puzzle Ornament
- Candy Cane Soap – STEAM Powered Family
- Candy Cane Finger Paint – Teaching Mama
- Paint Chip Candy Canes – Happy Hooligans
- Marble Candy Canes – Simple Fun for Kids
- Candy Cane Puff Paint – Learn Play Imagine
Candy Cane Science Experiments
Dive into holiday science with these fun candy cane science experiments.
- Green Candy Cane Slime – Schooling Active Monkeys
- Salt Crystal Candy Canes – Schooling Active Monkeys
- Dissolving Candy Canes – Lemon Lime Adventures
- Fizzing Candy Canes – Teaching Mama
- Red Candy Cane Slime – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Dancing Candy Canes – Inspiration Laboratories
- Disappearing Candy Cane Stripes – Playdough to Plato