One of my absolute favorite things about summer -- smores!
Whether making them in our small chiminea in the backyard, or camping with kids, or even in the microwave (stick with me, I promise they're good!), smores are one of our favorite summer treats.
And while classic smores are great, sometimes we mix it up a little. Here are five variations to try:
1) Peanut Butter SmoresTry sandwiching a spoonful of peanut butter in there between the melty marshmallow and chocolate. This is a great variation to try when camping, because chances are you already have the peanut butter on-hand for lunches.
2) Banana SmoresLay down one graham cracker, then line it with banana slices. Add a square of chocolate, the toasted marshmallow, more chocolate, and the top graham cracker. Those flavors all together taste kind of like a banana split.
3) Raspberry SmoresLayer the graham cracker, one piece of chocolate, a spoonful of raspberry jam, the marshmallow, more chocolate, and top with another graham cracker. Delicious!
4) Mint SmoresChange up your smores by switching the milk chocolate bar for a bar of mint dark chocolate instead. Mmmm!
5) Inside-out SmoresWhen my sister lived in a condo, she sent me the saddest picture I think I've ever seen -- of her, trying to roast a marshmallow over a candle flame. I know you can't always have a fire for roasting marshmallows...so inside-out smores are a necessity!
Pour 1 c of semisweet chocolate pieces in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted. Meanwhile, spread marshmallow fluff in between two graham cracker halves. Dip the graham cracker sandwiches in chocolate, place on a plate lined with waxed paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
There are so many delicious ways to make smores -- and to make summer memories as well!
More Summer Recipes You’ll LOVE
- Chocolate Cherry Fruit Smoothies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Delicious 7-Layer Bars
- BEST Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Family Favorite Lemon Bar Recipe
- Delicious 3 Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream
- How to Make Fudgesicles
Laura lives with her husband and four children near Denver, Colorado, where she loves exploring the outdoors with her family. She blogs about kids' activities and recipes at Peace but Not Quiet, and you can also find her on facebook, instagram, and twitter.