Christmas Ornament Kids Can Make
I don’t know about you, but we always seem to have a couple random puzzle pieces that don’t have a home – or worse yet a puzzle missing just a couple pieces that without them is useful! So as I was trying to come up with some fun crafts to make this year I just knew I wanted to try to utilize them!
First paint puzzle pieces red & white. You will need about about 5 red and 5 white for a medium size ornament. You may need to do 2 coats with white paint, but no need to let it dry completely between coats. You can always use more and make a beautiful wall decoration too!
Allow pieces to dry a couple of hours or until thoroughly dry.
How to Make Puzzle Piece Candy Cane OrnamentNow you have 2 choices on how to assemble your candy cane.
- Paint the pieces with Mod Podge and assemble into candy cane shape as you go, piece by piece. This will take longer to dry, but it kid friendly and produces a shiny coated ornament.
- Use a hot glue gun - Using a hot glue gone goes very quickly and is done almost instantly. However, hot glue guns are not safe for use by children and requires close adult supervision.
Here is our finished puzzle piece candy cane ornament.
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Snowmen Ornament
- Grow a Peppermint Seed Kit
- FREE Christmas Coloring Sheets
- 7 Favorite Christmas Books for Kids
- Christmas Around the World FREE ebook & ideas
- Salt Dough Ornament Recipes
- Christmas Present Bath
- 5 BEST Christmas Cookies
- Polar Express Worksheets (ages 3-8)