This Chocolate Playdough is a really fun playdough recipe to include in your Valentine’s Day celebration. Use this chocolate playdough recipe as a hands-on Valentines Day kids activities. It is easy to make and smells chocolaty good! It is especially fun to play with an empty heart chocolate box for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1 students. Children will love the chocolate scented playdough that they can form into candies for a pretend play based on Valetnine’s Day!
I’m sure like me you’you’ve seen various amazing homemade playdoh recipes floating around the web. I LOVE homemade playdoh!! Which works out because my kids love playing with PLAYDOH! This chocolate playdough we whipped up smells amazing because it has cocoa right in the play doh. This is NOT an edible chocolate pladyough recipe, but rather a chocolate scneted playdough that will delight your nose, is fun and easy to make, and makes the best playdough for shaping and molding into little chocolates for Valentine’s Day pretend play. This is the perfect valentines day kids activities for toddlers, preschoolesr, kindergartner, and grade 1 students during February as part of your Valentines Day themes.
Chocolate Playdoh Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 TAB vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 TAB cream of tartar
Add all ingredients to a medium-large saucepan (my kids loved the chocolaty smell!!)
Over medium-high heat cool, stirring constantly, until it forms a soft ball in the middle of the pan. This takes about 5 minutes.
Using your spatula scope out the playdoh on wax paper and allow to cool a couple minutes; it will be hot at this point.
Knead the playdoh a couple times to get the smooth, glossy playdoh look and enjoy! I thought it was great to have the playdoh still slightly warm!! My kids used empty chocolate boxes to put their ‘chocolates’ into. Goofy discovered that pressing them into the chocolate cavities and then dumping it over made a nice mold to get the actual chocolate shape.
Valentines Day Kids Activities
Kids will love using an emply valentine heart chocolate box to shape, mold, and play chocolate maker with this fun chocolate play doh. You just might have to eat all the chocolates for them so they have a container to play with – LOL!
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Worksheet to practice addition and subtraction
- Chocolate Activities and Crafts for National Chocolate Day on November 11th or World Chocolate Day July 7th
- Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Wow! Homemade Hot Chocolate GOOP
- Hot Chocolate Winter Multiplication Worksheets
- Cute Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pictures Activity
- Winter Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Game
- Favorite Playdough Recipes including: edible pumpkin playdough, easy marshmallow playdough, 2-ingredient easy playdough recipe, scented apple pie playdough, easy peanut butter playdough, jello strawberry playdough, fun watermelon playdough, quick conditioner playdough, amazing ice cream play doh, epic color changing playdough, quick peeps playdough, hot chocolate playdough recipe, kool aid playdough, playful funfetti playdough, peppermint stretchy playdough, fall candy corn playdough recipe, lemonade playdough, sceted apple pie playdough, cool glow in the dark playdough
- TONS of free printable playdough mat to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site
- Subtraction Smash: fun math activity with playdough, ice cream math addition playdough activity, telling the times games free
- Gumball Number Mats to play and learn with playdoh, FREE Number Playodugh Mats 1-10, counting construction playdough mats, or versatile free printable numbers 1-10 for preschoolers, ice cream pattern printable with playdough, watermelon seed counting activity,
- Parts of a Book for Kids Playdough Activity with free printable
- Hands-on, Playful Alphabet Playdough Mats – make the capital letter and complete the picture or these upper and lowercase alphabet playdough mats with tracing practice, and these simple alphabet playdough mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats for learning about bones, circulation, organs, and systems
- Themed Cards: Transportation playdough mats, pet animal playdough mats, jungle animal playdough mats, tools playdough pattern mats, emotions playdough mats, one fish two fish printables, birthday cake activity for preschool, instrument activity for preschoolers, color matching pencils free printable playdough mats
- Cute Monster shapes, shape flower playdough mats,
- Seasonal Fall Playdough Mats or these fall playdough mats, apple playdough mats, thanksgiving playdough mats, cute Christmas Playdough Mats, winter playdough mats, spring playdough mats, summer playdough mats, playdoh corn counting activity
- See all our free printable playdough mats preschool playdough mats, kindergarten playdough mats
thank you! my preschool class is going to love making play dough chocolates!