This Chocolate Playdough is a really fun playdough recipe to include in your Valentine’s Day celebration. Use this chocolate playdough recipe as a hands-on Valentines Day kids activities. It is easy to make and smells chocolaty good! It is especially fun to play with an empty heart chocolate box for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1 students. Children will love the chocolate scented playdough that they can form into candies for a pretend play based on Valetnine’s Day!
I’m sure like me you’you’ve seen various amazing homemade playdoh recipes floating around the web. I LOVE homemade playdoh!! Which works out because my kids love playing with PLAYDOH! This chocolate playdough we whipped up smells amazing because it has cocoa right in the play doh. This is NOT an edible chocolate pladyough recipe, but rather a chocolate scneted playdough that will delight your nose, is fun and easy to make, and makes the best playdough for shaping and molding into little chocolates for Valentine’s Day pretend play. This is the perfect valentines day kids activities for toddlers, preschoolesr, kindergartner, and grade 1 students during February as part of your Valentines Day themes.
Chocolate Playdoh Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 TAB vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 TAB cream of tartar
Add all ingredients to a medium-large saucepan (my kids loved the chocolaty smell!!)
Over medium-high heat cool, stirring constantly, until it forms a soft ball in the middle of the pan. This takes about 5 minutes.
Using your spatula scope out the playdoh on wax paper and allow to cool a couple minutes; it will be hot at this point.
Knead the playdoh a couple times to get the smooth, glossy playdoh look and enjoy! I thought it was great to have the playdoh still slightly warm!! My kids used empty chocolate boxes to put their ‘chocolates’ into. Goofy discovered that pressing them into the chocolate cavities and then dumping it over made a nice mold to get the actual chocolate shape.
Valentines Day Kids Activities
Kids will love using an emply valentine heart chocolate box to shape, mold, and play chocolate maker with this fun chocolate play doh. You just might have to eat all the chocolates for them so they have a container to play with – LOL!
Hot Chocolate Printables
Looking for more hot cocoa themed printable activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Worksheet to practice addition and subtraction
- Chocolate Activities and Crafts for National Chocolate Day on November 11th or World Chocolate Day July 7th
- Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Wow! Homemade Hot Chocolate GOOP
- Hot Chocolate Winter Multiplication Worksheets
- Cute Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pictures Activity
- Winter Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Game
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids