I love being creative in the kitchen! I think my kids are good & adventuresome eaters because I have fed them a wide variety of foods prepared lots of different ways. So it comes as no surprise to those that know me that I like to make April Fool’s food for my family.
This year I used an idea I saw on one of my favorite food blogs – Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons. She comes up with the coolest ideas & they always come out looking AMAZING! Mine didn’t come out half as amazing as hers did, but it sure made my family smile! And that’s what counts!!
Here is our “Fried Chicken”
- To make it you attach 2 mini-marshmallows to a shortened pretzel rod. Allow to harden.
- Dip pretzel rod in melted white chocolate, carefully. Allow to harden.
- Spray hands and form slightly cooled Rice Krispie Treats around rod to make the “chicken”
- Add brown food coloring (or mix large spoonful of peanut butter) into melted chocolate. This helps it blend in better. Drizzle over drumstick.
- Dip drumstick in bran flakes (no raisins). Allow to set & serve!
Here is our “Baked Beans:
This was super easy and looked VERY realistic! I will say that Sugar Babies looked the most realistic, but we didn’t really eat them as they were so hard!
- Make butterscotch pudding; add in burgundy & black food coloring.
- Add in 2 $1 packages of Sugar Babies
- Put in fridge to finish setting; stir & serve