I’ve been making this Easter Bunny Cake for several years now. My kids always think it is really fun & it is actually quit simple to make!
- Make any cake you like (I usually use white, but you can make whatever you like – boxes are great time savers!) in 2 round 8” or 9” pans and bake according to your recipe directions.
- After the cake has cooled you are going to cut the cake as shown here
- Put the cake together on a cake board (or large cookie sheet covered in foil)
- Frost the cake with your favorite frosting (store bought, my favorite buttercream recipe, or simple 3 cups powdered sugar, 1-2 Tab butter, 2-3 Tab milk) – note I make the bow a different color
- Sprinkle the bunny with coconut for great texture (Here is a picture of one year when I didn’t use coconut. Instead I pipped the frosting to try to give it texture. This will give you an idea of how it would look with/without coconut)
- Decorate with candy & additional pink frosting for the inside of the bunny’s ears
- I mix green tint in leftover frosting and frost the cake board around the bunny. Then I mix green food coloring in with the leftover coconut and sprinkle the “grass” over the frosting. (The frosting holds the “grass” in place so you don’t have a grassy mess all over)
What fun things do you do with your kids for Easter?