This post may contain referral links. Here’s my full disclosure policyOne of my New Year’s resolutions is to drop my extra weight. Enough is enough! I happy to say that in the first week I dropped 8 pounds! I know the loss will slow down & that it is just so dramatic since I have so much to loose.... but I am encouraged & excited =-)
I am following Weight Watchers (although I already have the materials so I am not attending meetings or anything) – I always feel like I am satisfied and am actually eating good for me food. Plus I feel like it really teaches/trains me to eat lots of veggies, fruits, and fiber rich foods.
Did you know that Avocados are REALLY good for you? And I don’t know about you, but I tend to only think of using them in guacamole which, let’s face it, is not a great diet food (especially with the chips!). Wondering what’s so good about avocados? Here you go:
Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients.So I wanted to share this good-for-you lunch with you! All of my kiddos snarfed it up & wanted seconds!!
- Smash up 1 large or 2 medium/small ripe avocados (If you’ve never used Avocados, I slice mine in half by going around, pop it open, pluck out the seed, and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado)
- Add 6 hard boiled eggs (I use the Betty Crocker method: put eggs in saucepan & cover 1” over the top of eggs, bring to boil, cover and remove from heat and allow to stand only 18 minutes. Rinse immediately in cold water to prevent from cooking more which makes them impossible to peel). I then slice them (or rather my kids love to slice them) and then cut again lengthwise.
- Add 1/4 cup diced red onions
- Add 1/3 cup mayo (This is the mayo I used to make it LOW points. If you use just a TAB of this on a sandwich is it 0 points!!) Note: This is also my bread of choice as it is only 1 point per slice!
- Season with 3 TAB chipped bread & butter pickles, 1 TAB dry mustard, and salt & pepper to taste.
So for a 6 points lunch I have: a delicious sandwich to eat, apple (or your choice of fruit) and carrots. Not bad! Or serve it on greens for a 4 point lunch!