Looking for outrageously fun and EASY Easter Science Experiments? This easter activity for preschoolers combines art and science for an educational and beautiful Easter STEM Activity. All you need are a few simple materials to try this Easter Science project for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders.
Easter Science Experiments
This grow an Easter Egg activity is a MUST TRY for kids of all ages this april. This Easter Science Experiments allows kids to grow their own crystals that will actually decorate a pretty egg. Hang the finishes easter activity for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students in a window or decorate an outdoor bush. Either way this easter science activities is fun for parents, teacher, and homeschoolers alike!
Making crystals with borax is super duper EASY! It only takes a couple simple materials and 1 day to grow your own crystals! This fun science project is simple so kids can enjoy the wonder of exploring and trying new things. In this fun Easter STEAM activity you will combine science, engineering, and art for a truly educational and FUN learning activity! First, make your saturated solution by mixing water with as much borax as will dissolve – we heat the water so it can absorb as much borax as possible. As the solution cools, the borax particles will settle on the pipe cleaners and form pretty crystals. TADA!
Grow your own Crystals
To make this simple spring science experiment all you need are a few common supplies you might even already have on hand!
- pipe cleaners in assorted colors (yelow, blue, green, pink, etc.)
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 9 Tablespoons Borax (found with laundry detergent)
- large jar
- popsicle stick
- yarn to hang the pipe cleaners
Easter Activity for Preschoolers
The first step is to form an egg shape out of your pipe cleaners. Make as many as you like, just remembe they each need a jar to soak in to create crystals. If you put two-to-a-jar they crystals will end up joining the two eggs together.
Now cut some pipe cleaners in half and use them to create the accents to decorate your egg. You may make them wavy, zig zag, straight, or wiggly. Just loop the small pipe cleaner around the side of the egg to hold in place.
Easter STEM Activities
Now boil 3 cups of water in the microwave or in a saucepan. Carefully mix in 9 Tablespoons of Borax (found in the laundry detergent aisle) and stir until dissolved. Pour the HOT mixture into a jar that is large enough to fit the egg pipe cleaner. Carefully lower the pipe cleaner rainbow into the solution so it is hanging in the solution, but is not touching sides or bottom using a stirng attached to the top of the egg. The borax and water solution must cover the entire egg craft. Now wrap end around a craft stick and set on top of the jar to hold in place.
Easter Science Activities
Resist the urge to check on or touch the jar for 24 hours. Now carefully pull out the beautifully decorated Easter eggs. Can you see all the pretty borax crystals that have formed! Allow the gg to dry on top of the jar or on a cardboard box. THen hang and enjoy this pretty easter craft for kids.
NOTE: If you have young children make sure you hang this out of reach as it is NOT EDIBLE! It is made from laundry detergent and is a chemical 😉
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners