Whether you are celebrating the arrival of spring or the end of warm summer days, this super cute sunflower craft with paper plates is such a fun, simple craft to make with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
With the arrival of spring we think of flowers blooming and filling our world with beautiful, vibrant color and sweet smells. Flowers continue to bloom through summer and into fall! On our walks, my children love to look at all of the things growing in nature and the flowers that are blooming. This super cute Sunflower Craft with Paper Plates is a fun preschool craft to explore beautiful, cheery flowers with children.
Sunflower Craft with Paper Plates
After our walk today, we created a Simple Sunflower Craft. This flower craft is easy for young children to make and a fun Springtime activity.
- Small paper plate
- Yellow paint
- Large craft stick
- Green paint
- Paint Brush
- Green construction paper
- Sunflower seeds
First, paint the small paper plate with the yellow paint and paint the large craft stick with the green paint. When the paint is dry, glue the craft stick onto the paper plate.
Then, cut two to three leaves out of the green construction paper. If you are working with young children, you may want to draw the leaves on the paper and have them cut them out. Next, glue the leaves onto the craft stick.
Finally, glue sunflower seeds onto the center of the paper plate to make a sunflower seed craft.
This easy sunflower craft is perfect to make with toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. I love that his simple flower craft for 3 and 4 year olds uses common craft supplies you most likely have laying around your house.
Have extras sun flower seeds? Try this free printable Sunflower Seed Counting Activity too!
Extend The Learning:
While creating this flower craft, your child will work on developing their fine motor skills by painting and cutting, but you can also incorporate these learning activities too:
- Read informational books about plants and flowers. Your children can learn all about what a plant needs to grow and the parts of a flower.
- Plant sunflower seeds and watch the plant grow. We plant the seeds in cups first and then transfer them to the ground when it warms up outside. Have your children record their observations in a plant journal.
This Paper Plate Sunflower Craft is a fun and simple way for young children to celebrate that Spring is in the air and flowers are beginning to bloom.
Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful and fun-to-make Flower Suncatcher Craft
- I just adore this Painted Flower Craft
- F is for flower handprint art,
- Fun-to-make spin art flower craft
- GORGEOUS flower science experiments
- Dying flowers with science!
- Looking for even more? Try these 100 Flower crafts for kids from A to Z