Apple tree counting activity
Sneak in some fun apple math this autumn with this apple tree counting activity. Your toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners will love these apple counting activity that uses pompoms or mini erasers to add apples to the tree counting cards. This is such a fun, simple way to add some math to a fall activity for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this apple activity for preschoolers!
Apple Counting Activity
Use mini-erasers or pom poms with them to get the students to practice their counting skills. The kids will identify the number on the tree trunk and then place that many ‘apples’ onto the tree.
- A4 paper
- Pom poms or mini erasers
- Tongs (optional)
Print as many card sets as you need for your small groups. Be sure to laminate the cards as well as the apple cards. You could choose to use the apple cards or the pom poms / mini erasers. Have them on hand for further practice.
Apple Activity for Kids
There are tree cards up to 12 and about 30-40 apple cards. You could use the tree numbers up to 5 with your beginners and use the others with older rpreschoolers.
How to use:
- Have the kids identify the number on each tree trunk
- Instruct them to count that many apples and place them on the tree.
- For an added activity, you can have the kids use tongs as they pick up the pom poms or mini erasers and place them on the tree cards – great for fine motor.
Apple Activity for Preschoolers
This is a great way to help kids develop their counting and one-to-one correspondence skills. Preschoolers just beginning to count will enjoy placing the ‘apples’ onto the trees. It’s also essential that we provide pre-schoolers different ways and counting activities to help them develop those essential math skills.
Do you have real apple mini-erasers? These will work perfectly with these cards. Mini erasers are slightly thicker and will have the kids more engaged as they count and pick up the mini erasers to place them onto the tree cards. Another way you could use these cards is to have the kids place the tree cards in order from 1-12.
- FREE Apple Prek Worksheets or apple worksheets preschool
- Apple Recipes for Kids, plus how to make homemade applesauce and yummy best apple recipes
- ACTIVITIES – scented apple pie playdough, super soft apple playdough recipe no cook, apple pie playdough, fun apple pie slime, fluffy apple slime (yellow), laffy taffy apple slime (green), and September activities for kids
- ALPHABET – letter recognition apple activity, apple letter tracing worksheets, Apple ABC Game, a is for apple printable letter sounds apple book, a is for apple tracing worksheet, a is for apple printable alphabet mats, sticker a for apple activity,
- LANGUAGE ARTS – alphabet apple lacing craft, apple pre-k sight words tracing strips, apple sight words printable activity, synonym and antonym worksheets, apple compounds words worksheet grade 1, apple noun and verb sort, and free September writing prompts
- SCIENCE – errupting apple science expeirment, free apple investigation worksheet, apple life cycle printable spinner, apple volcano, apple browning experiment with free worksheet, apple life cycle printable pages, skittle apple science experiment, melting apple science experiment, apple stem activity
- COUNTING – apple count to 20 free printable hole punch activities, apple i spy printables for preschoolers, count to 20 apple playdough mats, hole punch apple counting, apple counting coloring pages, apple counting spin and count on ten frame, apple counting worksheet, free apple counting worksheets, apple counting worksheet, apple seed counting to 20 activity, and count to 20 apple playdough mats, apple roll and cover number sense game
- MATH – hands-on apple number bonds activity, math worksheets for kindergarten, adding within 10 apple math, apple multiplication game, apple fractions game, fall unifix cube pattern cards, counting seeds apple worksheets, and sticker addition worksheets, multiplication apple math for 2nd and 3rd graders
- CRAFTS – cute apple handprint craft, parts of an apple craft, bubble wrap apple craft, Johnny appleseed addition coloring worksheets, lacing paper plate apple craft, stunning apple art preschool, paper plate apple core craft, and September crafts
- Check out these apple books for preschoolers, free apple worksheets preschool, how to make an apple pie and see the world activity, fun Johnny Appleseed activities, free Johnny Appleseed coloring pages, or our apple theme preschool
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- Numbers 1-5: 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity, Counting Farm Animals
- Dab the Path Number Recognition Worksheets, count and trace preschool number worksheets 1-10, free printable tracing numbers 1-10, pirate number tracing worksheets, or these School Supplies preschool numbers worksheets 1-10 pdf
- Bingo Marker Pages – number bingo dauber worksheets or farm counting bingo dauber worksheets,
- Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Cards, FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity), Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers, number sense butterfly math activities for preschoolers, or Firefly Printable Math Game
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool, Barnyard Counting Clip Card, Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards, Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet, free apple counting worksheets
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace and coordinating The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats, Fingerprint Activity Worksheet, or Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers, Camping math activities for preschoolers, or Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats, Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool, or these butterfly math worksheets
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.), Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting, Sunflower seed counting activity , scooping Ice Cream Counting Printable, Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough, this ladybug counting activity, or Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- Focus on one number at a time: Number 1 Worksheets, Number 2 Worksheets, Number 3 Worksheets, Number 4 Worksheets, Number 5 Worksheets, Number 6 Worksheets, Number 7 Worksheets, Number 8 Worksheets, Number 9 Worksheets, Number 10 Worksheets,
- Free Printable color by number worksheets like these space color by number or ocean color by number
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10, Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf, Watermelon Printable Counting Activity, Counting Snowman Printables, Little bo peep activities for preschool, or Counting Bugs Coloring Book
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity, Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans, Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers, or Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Free Number Coloring Pages 1-10, banana number puzzles, or Free Printable Number Tracing Worksheets
- 100 FUN and Free Printable Number Sense Activities and Games
- Learn number names with these free printable number words worksheet set
Apple Tree Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.