Apple Tree Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Your preschoolers will love these apple themed counting cards! Use mini-erasers or pom poms with them to get the students to practice their counting skills. The kids will identify the number on the tree trunk and then place that many ‘apples’ onto the tree.
- A4 paper
- Pom poms or mini erasers
- Tongs (optional)
Print as many card sets as you need for your small groups. Be sure to laminate the cards as well as the apple cards. You could choose to use the apple cards or the pom poms / mini erasers. Have them on hand for further practice.
Apple Tree Counting Cards
There are tree cards up to 12 and about 30-40 apple cards. You could use the tree numbers up to 5 with your beginners and use the others with older rpreschoolers.
How to use:
- Have the kids identify the number on each tree trunk
- Instruct them to count that many apples and place them on the tree.
- For an added activity, you can have the kids use tongs as they pick up the pom poms or mini erasers and place them on the tree cards – great for fine motor.
This is a great way to help kids develop their counting and one-to-one correspondence skills. Preschoolers just beginning to count will enjoy placing the ‘apples’ onto the trees. It’s also essential that we provide pre-schoolers different ways and counting activities to help them develop those essential math skills.
Do you have real apple mini-erasers? These will work perfectly with these cards. Mini erasers are slightly thicker and will have the kids more engaged as they count and pick up the mini erasers to place them onto the tree cards. Another way you could use these cards is to have the kids place the tree cards in order from 1-12.
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
Download Apple Tree Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.