Apple tree counting activity
Sneak in some fun apple math this autumn with this apple tree counting activity. Your toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners will love these apple counting activity that uses pompoms or mini erasers to add apples to the tree counting cards. This is such a fun, simple way to add some math to a fall activity for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this apple activity for preschoolers!
Apple Counting Activity
Use mini-erasers or pom poms with them to get the students to practice their counting skills. The kids will identify the number on the tree trunk and then place that many ‘apples’ onto the tree.
- A4 paper
- Pom poms or mini erasers
- Tongs (optional)
Print as many card sets as you need for your small groups. Be sure to laminate the cards as well as the apple cards. You could choose to use the apple cards or the pom poms / mini erasers. Have them on hand for further practice.
Apple Activity for Kids
There are tree cards up to 12 and about 30-40 apple cards. You could use the tree numbers up to 5 with your beginners and use the others with older rpreschoolers.
How to use:
- Have the kids identify the number on each tree trunk
- Instruct them to count that many apples and place them on the tree.
- For an added activity, you can have the kids use tongs as they pick up the pom poms or mini erasers and place them on the tree cards – great for fine motor.
Apple Activity for Preschoolers
This is a great way to help kids develop their counting and one-to-one correspondence skills. Preschoolers just beginning to count will enjoy placing the ‘apples’ onto the trees. It’s also essential that we provide pre-schoolers different ways and counting activities to help them develop those essential math skills.
Do you have real apple mini-erasers? These will work perfectly with these cards. Mini erasers are slightly thicker and will have the kids more engaged as they count and pick up the mini erasers to place them onto the tree cards. Another way you could use these cards is to have the kids place the tree cards in order from 1-12.
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Apple Tree Counting Activity for Preschoolers
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.