I love making learning fun for my kids!
Kids will love this fun Valentines Day Math activity. Not only will kids from Toddler-4th grade enjoy the valentines day heart candy game, but they will get to use their filled boxes to complete age specific Valentines Day Math Worksheets.
These worksheets will help kids practice colors, counting, comparisons, great than less than, addition, graphing, fractions, percentiles, and more!
Valentines Day Math – Game for Preschool-4th Grade
You start of by playing this fun, simple Valentines Day Math game.
Just print, cut, fold and glue two dice together. Then print off one of the six game board candy boxes. (There are both black and white as well as colored options).
You can use crayons, but we prefer to use valentine candy hearts to make it extra fun, as a math manipulative, and to make the kids activity reusable.
This part can be played with all your kids together from Toddler-4th Grade.
My preschooler loved “doing school” along with her big brother and sister. She used a black and white board and colored in the hears as she rolled them. This gave her some extra fine motor skills at the same time.
When its your turn you roll both dice and add the number and color of hearts you roll. The first player to fill their candy box wins. Continue playing until everyone has a filled up candy box; you’ll need it to do the Valentines Day Math Worksheets.
Valentines Day Math WorksheetsAfter you finish playing the game and filling up your candy box you will use all the candy heart math manipulatives to complete one of the Valentines Day Math Worksheets.
My daughter loved the 1st grade math worksheet. First she graphed the colors from her Valentines Day candy box. Then she used addition to add the number of one color of candy with another color.
Bonus, she loved doing her math!
Children from Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade will have fun with the candy heart comparison worksheet. Using the candy hearts from their box they will finish the equations with greater than, less than, or equal to.
Kids in 3rd and 4th grade will enjoy learning about fractions using the Valentines day candy hearts. If they are ready, you can introduce percentiles to them at the same time.
More Valentines Day Activities
- Red Hot Valentines Day Slime
- Valentines Alphabet Game (free printable)
- 12 Valentines Day Crafts for Kids
- Valentines Day Bagel Recipe
- Valentines Day Coloring Pages (free printable)
- FREE February Creative Writing Prompts
- Valentines Day Candy Heart Estimation
- Chocolate Playdough Recipe (our favorite!)
- More Math worksheets, Games & Activiites
Download Valentines Day Math
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!