Hands on activities are the perfect way for learners of all ages to practice math concepts. By being able to manipulate items, they can explore how numbers work. This apple math activity printable allows learners of various ages to use manipulatives to practice important math concepts such as one-to-one correspondence and operations like addition and subtraction.
Apple Math for Kids
- Apple Math Activity printable (see below)
- Laminator (optional for durability)
- Red buttons or pom poms or marbles
Apple Math Activities
Put 10 red craft poms/buttons/flat bottom marbles in a small cup. (If doing addition/subtraction, 20 manipulatives are needed.)
Create an invitation to play and learn by setting out the apple tree base sheet, number cards, and red manipulative items out at a learning table. Placing items on a cookie sheet or plastic tray can aid in keeping all the pieces together. Encourage children to play the game one of two ways:
Preschool Apple Math
For practicing counting and one-to-one correspondence, learners will draw a card and place the appropriate number of “apple” manipulatives on the apple tree base sheet. They can check their work by recounting all of the “apples”.
For older learners working on addition and subtraction, place number cards on the table to create a math problem to be solved. Encourage children to put the first number of “apples” on the tree, then add/take away the second number. They can count up the remaining apples to find the answer to the problem. Children can then either find the appropriate number card or write the number on the blank apple card with a dry erase marker (if cards are laminated).
Apple Themed Activities for Kids
- ABC Apple Lacing
- Fun Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Apple Math Worksheets
- Apple Counting & Writing Tray
- Printable Apple Number Bonds
- Noun & Verb Apple Sort
- Alphabet Apple Clip Cards
- Apple Picking Multiplication Game
- Hands-on Apple Ten Frames
- Apple Number Bonds Activity
- 30 Apple Crafts for Kids
Download Apple Math for Kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!