This is such a delicious summer treat and fun summer activity for kids all at the same time. You MUST try this!
Here are the other things our family likes to make during the summer:
How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
Mix together your favorite ice cream recipe in a quart ziplock bag; seal and shake well.
For a fantastic base recipe combine:
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream (that’s 2 cups)
- 1 TAB powdered sugar (or other sweetener)
- 1 teas vanilla
- 2-3 TAB Pureed Fruit or Cocoa (optional)
In a galloon ziplock bag add 6-8 cups ice and 1/2 cup rock salt.
Now put the ice cream bag inside the galloon size ice bag. Zip closed.
Now shake the bag for 15 minutes or so.
Hint: Remember bags can split open if dropped.
Keep shaking until you get your desired consistency (soft serve to firm).
It is ready to serve! YUM!
Scoop out ice cream into 5-6 bowls and enjoy!
Summer Activities for Kids
- 30 Pool Noodle Activities for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- FREE Printable Summer Activity Calendars
- Blowing Colorful Clouds (Summer Activity for Kids)
- 40 Summer Science Activities for Kids
- Squirt Gun Painting
- Frozen Paint Summer Activity