Engage your preschooler in a simple and fun number identification and value activity with this valentine roll and cover. This simple valentine roll and cover activity is a preschool math activity for February. Toddler, preschool, and pre-k children will have fun rolling the dice, counting the dots, adn covering the number they counted to understand that numbers hold value. Simply download pdf file with Valentine’s Day Worksheets and you are ready to play and learn with this Valentine math.
Valentines Roll and Cover
Make learning extra fun in February with this fun valentines day activity for toddlers and preschoolers. IN this Valentines Roll and Cover, children will practice number sense and they count dots and work on number recognition from 1-12. This is such a fun, no-prep valentines day printables to use at home, in the classroom, or with a daycare. The concept for this valentines day math activity for preschoolers is so simple, but effective. All the pretty red and pink heart clipart make it the perfect addition to valentines day themes and valentine centers or lesson plans!
Valentine Roll and Cover
Number sense is crucial to success in math. So often we think that once our kids can count to a certain number that they have mastered all those numbers. But there is so much more to numbers than counting them in sequential order. Having a strong number sense means that you recognize their values and you have a good understanding of a numbers relationship with other numbers so that you can manipulate them. This educational activity for preschoolers will work on matching number values and number symbols.
Your pre-k kiddo is going to have a lot of fun identifying numbers and values while playing this Valentine’s Day game.
Valentine’s Day Worksheets
Once you have download the Valentine’s Day Roll and Cover Number Activity, grab 2 dice, and some manipulatives such as buttons, lego pieces, mini erasers, unifix cubes, playdough balls, etc. and that’s it!
To play this simple valentines day game with your young learners simply roll the dice, count how many dots appear on the two dice. Cover the corresponding number on the template using a manipulative
- Since you will likely roll a number more than once you can stack manipulatives on top of each other and then count which number you rolled most when you are done
- Laminate the template for extra durability
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentines Day Tracing Pages – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Download Free Valentines Day Roll & Cover
Before you download your Valentine’s Day Roll and Cover Number Activity printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.