Engage your preschooler in a simple and fun number identification and value activity with this valentine roll and cover. This simple valentine roll and cover activity is a preschool math activity for February. Toddler, preschool, and pre-k children will have fun rolling the dice, counting the dots, adn covering the number they counted to understand that numbers hold value. Simply print pdf file with Valentine’s Day Worksheets and you are ready to play and learn with this Valentine math.
Valentines Roll and Cover
Make learning extra fun in February with this fun valentines day activity for toddlers and preschoolers. IN this Valentines Roll and Cover, children will practice number sense and they count dots and work on number recognition from 1-12. This is such a fun, no-prep valentines day printables to use at home, in the classroom, or with a daycare. The concept for this valentines day math activity for preschoolers is so simple, but effective. All the pretty red and pink heart clipart make it the perfect addition to valentines day themes and valentine centers or lesson plans!
Valentine Roll and Cover
Number sense is crucial to success in math. So often we think that once our kids can count to a certain number that they have mastered all those numbers. But there is so much more to numbers than counting them in sequential order. Having a strong number sense means that you recognize their values and you have a good understanding of a numbers relationship with other numbers so that you can manipulate them. This educational activity for preschoolers will work on matching number values and number symbols.
Your pre-k kiddo is going to have a lot of fun identifying numbers and values while playing this Valentine’s Day game.
Valentine’s Day Worksheets
Once you have printed the Valentine’s Day Roll and Cover Number Activity, grab 2 dice, and some manipulatives such as buttons, lego pieces, mini erasers, unifix cubes, playdough balls, etc. and that’s it!
To play this simple valentines day game with your young learners simply roll the dice, count how many dots appear on the two dice. Cover the corresponding number on the template using a manipulative
Valentine roll and cover printable
- Since you will likely roll a number more than once you can stack manipulatives on top of each other and then count which number you rolled most when you are done
- Laminate the template for extra durability
Valentines Day Alphabet
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentines Day Math – fun heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Free Valentines Day Math Activities with conversation hearts – includes free printables to work on fractions, graphing, and more!
- Valentines Day – Greather Than Activity using valentines day candy!
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
Roll and cover valentine game
Before you grab your Valentine’s Day Roll and Cover Number Activity printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.