This LOW PREP state capitals printable can be used as
- Matching Game
This is perfect for kids learning about the United States in Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade.
State Capitals Game
Learning state capitals using a game makes it fun and even makes it stick that much better.
Print the download below on cardstock. Shuffle the cards and place them face down in a grid. The point of the game is to match the colored state shape with the correct black and white state name/capital.
The person with the most matches at the end wins!
Optional: There is an optional card back if you like.
HINT: To make the most of this fun, educational game - say the state name and capital out loud when they are matched. Also, for beginners, you may want to only use half of the states at a time.
State Capitals Flashcards
To use the free printable State Capitals Game as flashcards simply print the file (download below) front and back on cardstock.
Kids K-6th grade can now practice learning the state names (by shape and location on the map) and/or state capitals.
Download State Capitals Game
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Dancing Crayon
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!