I am so excited to share my new Create-Your-Own Reader Series!
The first one is perfect for summer – Yummy Ice Cream!
Kids in Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade will color and cut & paste to add text to these books. This will give them some fantastic practice building sentences. The reader is made up mostly of Pre-Primer, Primer, and 1st grade sight words. There is also a page of reading comprehension questions.
Practice Sentences with Sight Word Based ReaderMy 1st grader was having trouble putting words together into sentences so I have been creating various free printables to help kids learn about sentences. This Create-Your-Own Farm Reader just may be my favorite!
Complete directions are included in the free printable, but basically you are going to print front and back to make a black and white, empty Farm Reader.
Your child will:
- Color the book
- Cut out the word strips and paste them onto the appropriate page to make sentences
- Read the book (because now it has words)
- Optional: Answer the questions on the Reading Comprehension Worksheet included.
More Reading Resources
- Super Hero Readers (Toddler – 2nd grade)
- Princess Readers (Toddler – 2nd grade)
- Reading the Easy Way
- Making Sense of Reading Levels (and what books to pick for kids of every reading level!)
Download Yummy Ice Cream Reader
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!