Fall is my favorite season! Every year, we drive through the country to see all of the pretty leaves changing colors. When we get home, we love to fill our house with yellow, orange, and red colored fall crafts like this super cute and easy to make Fall Cereal Tree Craft. This Fall craft for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children is a fun way to celebrate the beginning of the autumn in September and October.
This adorable and easy fall craft for kids to make uses fruit loops, fall cheerios, or any other o cereal to make a really pretty fall tree craft. This cereal tree craft is a fun project for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners that is fun to eat and snack on too – which will delight little ones. They love making crafts with food!
Fall tree craft
Easy Fall Crafts for Kids
All you need to make this easy fall tree craft are the following materials:
- Brown Construction Paper
- Blue Construction Paper
- Fruit Loops
This no-prep activity is not only easy but it’s inexpensive to create too. You may have all of the supplies at home already or you can purchase everything you need at a dollar store.
Before making this Fall tree craft, we read books about the season like Why Do Leaves Change Color? and talk about why the leaves change colored and fall off the tree. You can even try our Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment for a easy science project kids will be AMAZED by!
To begin making the craft, cut the brown construction paper into a variety of different size rectangles or strips.
To help children who haven’t developed their fine motor skills or hand muscle strength yet, provide your children with hand over hand support while cutting out the rectangles.
Next, glue the rectangles onto a pieces of blue construction paper to create a tree without any leaves.
Cereal Crafts for Kids
While the glue dries, sort the Fruit Loops by color and place the red, yellow, and orange cereal pieces in a separate pile or small bowl.
Instead of using Fruit Loops, you can also use pomp poms, colored paper circles, or dot stickers.
Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
Then, glue the Fruit Loops on the branches of the tree for the red, yellow, and orange leaves. Also, glue some cereal pieces on the bottom of the blue paper to make piles of leaves.
This Fall Colored Cereal Tree Craft is a fun and create way to learn about leaves changing colors and celebrate the beginning of Fall.
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool