If you are taking children about ancient civilizations of Meso America you will undobutedly discuss Who Were the Mayans! This activity lets kids fill out what they what were the mayans known for. Students from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grdae, 5th grade, 6th grade, and junior high students will learn where did the mayans live in this engaging history lesson. Simply print all about the mayans printables with space for students to record information about the Mayans for kids.
Who Were the Mayans
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or trying to help your children build their fine motor skills and handwriting skills – you will love these fun and free who were the maya pennants! This no-prep Mayan civilization activity is for kids all ages from kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, and more! These pennants explore what were the mayans known for and where did the mayans live. Children will learn by researching and writing down what they learned about the history of the world and the people who have helped shape the word.
Mayan Civilization Printables
What were the mayans known for
The Mayans were an advanced civilization that thrived in Mexico and Central America for thousands of years. They had cities for priests and nobility while farmers lived in villages. They wore brightly colored clothes with ornate jewelry.. They figured out the calendar, orbit of Venus, had a written language that used hieroglyphics, and built pyramids used in human sacrifices to their various gods. The civilization appears to have disappeared suddenly with out a clear cause.
- These pennants contain a a number of places for children to record their research.
- They will write their thoughts or some interesting facts on different parts of the Maya lifestyle and culture.
- They will write information about interesting facts that they find while researching this culture. Children can color or decorate the black and white pennants they wish.
Where did the mayans live
With this pack children will learn about:
- Location of the Mayan Empire
- The food they ate
- The homes they built and lived in
- Clothing worn by the wealthy people
- Clothing worn by the commoners
- Pottery they created
- Warriors and their training
- Water and how they stored and filtered it
Ancient Civilizations of Mesoamerica
Learning about ancient civilizations? We have lots of resources to teach kids about the Inca tribe, Aztec Civilization, and Mayan Empire!
- Inca Coloring Pages for Kids
- Inca Worksheets – cute notebooking pages to take notes or present reports
- Inca Facts in a reader to read, color, and learn!
- Inca Civilization Pennants for a report or unit on Ancient Civilizations of MesoAmerica
- Aztecs for Kids Reader to read, color, and learn
- Free Aztec Worksheets to record what you’ve learned
- Printable Pennants Aztec Activity for Kids
- Aztec Coloring Pages
- Mayan Empire Notebooking pages
- Who were the mayans pennants (make a fun book report)
- Maya Coloring Pages
- Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers to Read, Color & Learn
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and free worksheets to teach students about geography for kids? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Free printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Learn about Vietnam For Kids Printable Mini Book
- Travel to Athens to learn about the Parthenon, Greek Food and more with these Greece for Kids printable books
- Learn about Peru for Kids with this printable book to read, color, and learn about Machu Pichu, llamas in the mountain communities, and more!
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- Delight in all the natural wonders and historical fort in the lovely island country of Puerto Rico for Kids printable mini books to read, color, and learn!
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book to learn about this African country with lots of amazing wild life
- Learn about Israel for Kids printable mini book about this lovely country
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free printable Landforms Worksheets for kids
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Individual COUNTRY STUDIES – Read, Color and Learn printable book about other countries: Kenya for Kids and China for Kids and Mexico for Kids and Japan for Kids and Germany for Kids and Russia for Kids and Australia for Kids and New Zealand for kids and Venezuela for Kids and South Africa for kids and Iran for Kids and Israel for Kids and Saudi Arabia for Kids and Philippines for Kids and more!
- Peru Worksheets for Kids
- FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids or go to American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
All about the mayans
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set) For classroom use please purchase a licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>>Maya Pennents <<
Leave a Reply