Physics Science for Kids
Learn physics science for kids with these fun science experiments and free printable science worksheets. These easy science experiment ideas are perfect for learning about a variety of concepts including famous scientists, the scientific method, simple science experiments, and projects. We have lots of science activities for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th graders. Whether you try these cool science experiments at home, in your homeschool coop, or as part of your classroom activities – these are sure to be a hit!
Our family loves using Apologia General Science, but these science experiment ideas will work with whatever science curriculum you are using. Simply click on the TEXT LINK below to see our free science worsheets and experiments to round out your lesson. These science for kid ideas are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, grade 7, grade 8, grade 9, grade 10, grade 11, and grade 12 students.
Physics is the study of matter, mass, motion, energy and how they interacte. Any physics activity focus on how motion and energy work together including gravity, inertia, acceleration, density, force, surface tension, and how energy is made.
Physics Experiments for Kids
- Bernoulli Principle Experiment for Kids
- Easy lego balloon car physics experiments
- Ice Boat Race – fun physics experiments
- Why do Boats float – physics for kids
- Sink or Floating egg experiment
- Explore how some liquids are heavier or more dense than other liquids with this super easy physics experiment.
- How to Make a Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Physics Project
- This ramps activity allows children to learn with a simple physics experiment for kids
- Play with oobleck and watch it jump in this physics experiment learning about static electricity.
- Why does it float? Hands-on buoyancy experiment for kids
Cool science experiments
- Egg Drop Physics project for kids
- Pool Noodle science physics project – Which car will race to the bottom of the ramp first? Help your kids make predictions as to what will happen with different hotwheels and different angles of ramps. Hands-on exploration of Newton’s 3 Laws.
- Explore physics with common items found around the house as you make a homemade lava lamp (or density experiment)
- Zipline stem project exploring physics concepts
- This easy lego zipline is a kid-favorite summer activity that expores physics without kids even realizing they are learning
Physics for kids
- 11 Maze Activity ideas to explore gravity, friction, energy and more with hands-on physics fun!
- Design a Popsicle Stick Catapult for an easy physics experiment for kids of all ages!
- Engineer this rubber band powered car
- Static electricity experiment with magic goo
- Making butter kinetic energy experiment
- Balloons are a must for this static electiricy experiment exploring fun physics!
Easy Science Experiments
- This colorful, fun sound experiment creating a homemade xylophone is truly a simple physics experiment for kids.
- Discover the Archimedes bath tub concept using candy with this simple water displacement experiment
- Learn about friction with this fun Balloon Hoovercraft project
- Simple candy experiment to learn about Mecahanical energy
- Fun wind experiments for kids
- Build a solar oven project
- Balloon Rocket activity explores forces with an easy to set-up project. For a seasonal twist try our turkey races or rudolph races too!
Physical science projects
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Baking soda powered Boats Physics Activity
- Bouncy Ball Science Experiment – Does the temperature of the ball affect how high it bounces? Very fun experiment with a satisfying result!
- This Heat Sensitive Color Changing Slime is the perfect way to show the effects of heat on matter.
- Homemade Color Changing Playdough is another fun way to see the effects of heat on matter
- The Dancing Milk Experiment allows you to explore how different densities act with each other. Plus try this christmas science variation, thanksgiving turkey science, or 4th of july activity
- Archimedes’ Principle experiment showing that the buoyant force exerted on a fluid is equal to the weight of fluid displaced. Since the raisins now have a greater volume, they displace more water, causing the fluid to exert a greater buoyant force. The buoyant force of the surrounding fluid is what pushes the raisins to the top. Try a seasonal version with this dancing corn or dancing conversation hearts or dancing peppermint variations!
- Yeast balloon experiment blows up a balloon causing a physical change; the balloon expands but the balloon remains a balloon. there is change in size but the material is the same making it both a chemical reaction and a physics experiment too.
- Surface tension for kids experiment with cotton balls
- Try these balloon physics experiment variations such as pumpkin science ballons, ghost balloons, valentines day science variation!
- Explore potential and kinetic energy experiment with a simple, amazing exploding watermelon activity
- Simple bending water static electricity experiment
Air Pressure Experiment
- Simple egg air pressure expeirment to try with kids
- Bernoulli’s Principle Ping-Pong Ball Air Pressure Science Experiment
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
- How air planes fly lesson
Solid liquid gas experiments
Explore states of matter further with these fun projects:
- Cookie Jar Solid Liquid Gas Worksheet – States of Matter Activity
- Pop Rock States of Matter Experiment (liquid to gas)
- Making Homemade Butter – a states of matter experiment (liquid to solid)
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag State of Matter Experiment (liquid to solid)
- 2 Fun, Hands-on Water Cycle Activities – State of Matter Experiment for Kids (liquid to gas)
- Explore density further with this Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiment or this valentines science version
- Solid Liquid Gas for Kids with Hands-on Density Experiment
- Water Balloon Density Experiment for Kids
- Bowl of Ice Cream left out (solid to liquid)
- Simple Ice and salt experiment
- Beach density jar
States of Matter Worksheets
- Free States of Matter Worksheets
- Cookie Jar Solid Liquid Gas Worksheet – States of Matter Activity
- FREE Printable States of Matter Coloring Pages
- Solid Liquid Gas Kindergarten Worksheet
- States of Matter Activity – clip cards
Simple machines for kids
- Inclined Planes for kids – explanation, activities, and resources
- Wheel and Axle for kids lesson with projects and other fun ideas
- Gears for Kids filled with lots of hands on activities
- Wedges and Screw Simple Machine Lesson for children
- Levers and Pulleys lesson for students
- I Spy simple machines for kids
- MATCH – Simple Machines Game
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Projects
- Free Simple Machines Worksheet to fold into a clever booklet
- Candy Simple Machines Project
- Pulley Experiment from recycled materials
Magnet Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun ways for kids to explore magnets and physical science? Check these out:
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime – Magnet Experiment for Kids
- Fun and simple-to-make Paper Plate Magnet Maze
- Make Your Own Magnetic Wand – Preschool Magnet Activity
- Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle – exploring magnets with kids
- Alphabet Mow the Grass Magnet Activity for Preschool
- Exploring Magnet Experiments for Kids
Looking to explore electiricty further? Try these fun electricity projects.
- Lego Electricity Experiments for Kids
- How to Make a Battery Science Project
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiments for Kids
- Minion Squisy Circuits – electricity experiments for kids
- EASY Steady Hand Game – Electricity Experiments for Kids
- Tomato Battery Experiment for Kids
- Lemon Battery Project for Kids
- Ornament Carousel Electricity Experiments for Kids
- Magic Goo – Static Electricity Experiment
- Spinning Tree Christmas Science Experiment
- Christmas Lime Battery Electricity Experiment for Preschoolers
- Simple Light Bulb Experiment
Fun physics experiments
Looking for fun rainbow experiment ideas to get kids excited about exploring the world around them? Don’t miss these clever rainbow activity ideas!
- Amazing growing a rainbow capillary action experiment
- Walking water experiment demonstrating capillary action for kids
- Beautiful Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet
- Learn about the physics in this simple oil and water experiment
- Scientific Method Worksheets
Click on the beaker above to explore our science projects based biology experiments for kids, physical science experiments for kids, earth science experiments for kids, astronomy experiments for kids, chemistry experiments for kids, and physics experiments for kids