Whether you are working on color recognition, color mixing, learning color names, or just like bright, cheery, colorful activities – you will love this HUGE list of over 50 colour recognition activities for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. We have color sorting, rainbow slime, color science, gross motor color activities and so much more!
Colour Recognition Activities
Make learning colors fun with these super cute and fun colour recognition activities. We have found so many clever color recognition activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! When you are looking for a color activity for kids -these are truly the BEST color activities on pinterest! And if you still want more (gasp) you can see all of our color activities for kids!!
Well, while I am in the rhyming mood, check out this fun Color Chant to say/sing with the little ones to teach colors!
Color Recognition Activities
Use colors to teach science or STEM concepts like color mixing with ice or color mixing with shaving cream , color changing milk, walking colors, frozen rainbow eruptions, and even make your own rainbow paper!
Work on those fine motor skills by Feeding the monster or pushing colored popsicle sticks through slits in a can. Play a game of sorting rainbow pompoms or Stack-a-Rainbow with colored stones, clever!
Color recognition activities for toddlers
Incorporate the sensory aspect so that your child can have multi-sensory experiences in terms of learning about colors and remember better too. Try to make this pretty awesome rainbow slime, rainbow painting with cards, color sorting sensory bag with buttons, color sensory bottle or rainbow jello
Color activities for preschool
Let the children experience colors by using a whole body approach, that is gross motor activities. Make your own DIY Ring Toss or Color Toss or Color Skee Ball. Frugal fun! Play this gross motor color game, Color Hop and preschool color game the kids will love!
And if you want to have a colorful snack, try these easy to make rainbow toast.
Practice matching colors with this “pencil & erase” matching activity perfect for back to school.
Color activities for toddlers
So many bright and cheery preschool color activities to develop your children’s color recognition skills and all look like such fun! Which one will you try first?
Color Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Ma
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
See all of our color activities for kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!