Whether you are working on color recognition, color mixing, learning color names, or just like bright, cheery, colorful activities – you will love this HUGE list of over 50 color recognition activities. These color activities for toddlers, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, and first grade students are a great way to learn colors in a fun way. We have color activities for preschool including color sorting, rainbow slime, color science, gross motor color activities and so much more!
Color Activities for toddlers
Make learning colors fun with these super cute and fun color recognition activities. We have found so many clever color recognition activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! When you are looking for color activities for kids -these are truly the BEST color activities on pinterest! From hands-on color sorting, colorful art activities, color crafts, color science experiments, and more colour recognition activities, these really are the best ideas for exploring colors with kids. And if you still want more (gasp) you can see all of our color activities for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding these color activitiy ideas to your day!
Color recognition activities for toddlers
Check out these super clever and FUN color activities for toddlers:
- Well, while I am in the rhyming mood, check out this fun Color Chant to say/sing with the little ones to teach colors!
- Why don’t you use this Fruit Loop Maths Game during snack time, perfect way to practice color recognition AND have a snack afterwards! Or make your own rainbow abacus.
- Busy bags like this Color Sorting Busy Bag and this Felt color sorting Busy Bag is perfect for quiet time or let the kids play with a set of DIY rainbow peg dolls.
- Get out the Legos and use it for a fun Lego dumping and color sorting activity. Or, make your own Color Block Puzzles!
- Print out these Crayon Color Match cards, perfect for a child who loves “schoolwork” or use this Color Hunt Spinner to go on a color hunt. Or make your own Color Book with this free printable.
- Items like egg cartons and pompoms or pool noddles and pompoms are great to use AND it works on developing fine motor skills too! We love this color sorting pom pom activity.
Color activities for preschool
Use colors to teach science or STEM concepts like color mixing with ice or color mixing with shaving cream , color changing milk, walking colors, frozen rainbow eruptions, and even make your own rainbow paper with these preschool color activities.
Work on those fine motor skills by Feeding the monster or pushing colored popsicle sticks through slits in a can. Play a game of sorting rainbow pompoms or Stack-a-Rainbow with colored stones, clever!
Color Recognition activities
You can incorporate the sensory aspect to these color activities so that your child can have multi-sensory experiences in terms of learning about colors and remember better too. Try to make this pretty awesome rainbow slime, rainbow painting with cards, color sorting sensory bag with buttons, color sensory bottle or rainbow jello
Colour recognition activities for toddlers
Let the children experience colors by using a whole body approach, that is gross motor activities. Make your own DIY Ring Toss or Color Toss or Color Skee Ball. Frugal fun! Play this gross motor color game, Color Hop and preschool color game the kids will love!
And if you want to have a colorful snack, try these easy to make rainbow toast.
Practice matching colors with this “pencil & erase” matching activity perfect for back to school.
Color activities for kindergarten
So many bright and cheery color activity ideas to develop your children’s color recognition skills and all look like such fun! Which one will you try first?
Plus check out these free color worksheets, color cracts, and free color printables for kids of all ages:
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Ma
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
See all of our color activities for kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!