Whether you are working on color recognition, color mixing, learning color names, or just like bright, cheery, colorful activities – you will love this HUGE list of over 50 colour recognition activities These color activities for toddlers, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, and first grade students are a great way to learn colors in a fun way. We have color activities for preschool including color sorting, rainbow slime, color science, gross motor color activities and so much more!
Color activities for preschool
Make learning colors fun with these super cute and fun color recognition activities. We have found so many clever color recognition activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! When you are looking for color activities for kids -these are truly the BEST color activities on pinterest! From hands-on color sorting, colorful art activities, color crafts, color science experiments, and more colour recognition activities, these really are the best ideas for exploring colors with kids. And if you still want more (gasp) you can see all of our color activities for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding these color activitiy ideas to your day!
Color activities for toddlers
Check out these super clever and FUN color activities for toddlers:
- Well, while I am in the rhyming mood, check out this fun Color Chant to say/sing with the little ones to teach colors!
- Why don’t you use this Fruit Loop Maths Game during snack time, perfect way to practice color recognition AND have a snack afterwards! Or make your own rainbow abacus.
- Busy bags like this Color Sorting Busy Bag and this Felt color sorting Busy Bag is perfect for quiet time or let the kids play with a set of DIY rainbow peg dolls.
- Get out the Legos and use it for a fun Lego dumping and color sorting activity. Or, make your own Color Block Puzzles!
- Print out these Crayon Color Match cards, perfect for a child who loves “schoolwork” or use this Color Hunt Spinner to go on a color hunt. Or make your own Color Book with this free printable.
- Items like egg cartons and pompoms or pool noddles and pompoms are great to use AND it works on developing fine motor skills too! We love this color sorting pom pom activity.
Color recognition activities for toddlers
Use colors to teach science or STEM concepts like color mixing with ice or color mixing with shaving cream , color changing milk, walking colors, frozen rainbow eruptions, and even make your own rainbow paper with these preschool color activities.
Work on those fine motor skills by Feeding the monster or pushing colored popsicle sticks through slits in a can. Play a game of sorting rainbow pompoms or Stack-a-Rainbow with colored stones, clever!
Colour recognition activities for toddlers
You can incorporate the sensory aspect to these color activities so that your child can have multi-sensory experiences in terms of learning about colors and remember better too. Try to make this pretty awesome rainbow slime, rainbow painting with cards, color sorting sensory bag with buttons, color sensory bottle or rainbow jello
Preschool color activities
Let the children experience colors by using a whole body approach, that is gross motor activities. Make your own DIY Ring Toss or Color Toss or Color Skee Ball. Frugal fun! Play this gross motor color game, Color Hop and preschool color game the kids will love!
And if you want to have a colorful snack, try these easy to make rainbow toast.
Practice matching colors with this “pencil & erase” matching activity perfect for back to school.
Colour recognition activities
So many bright and cheery color activity ideas to develop your children’s color recognition skills and all look like such fun! Which one will you try first?
Learning Color Names
- Learn color names with this cute craft with our Free Printable Crayon Box Template
- Color Worksheets for young learners
- Free Printable Color Word Puzzles (in color or black and white)
- Learning Colors Printables – color the crayon and trace the color name
- Free The Colors of Fall Printable book
- Pumpkin Color Words Printable
- Fall Color Name Sticker Activity Sheets
- Color Matching Turkey Do a Dot Printable
- Learning Colors Fall Games for Kids
- Free Preschool Turkey Coloring Pages
Color Sorting Printables
- Kite Matching Printable – Learning Colors for Toddlers Games
- FREE Printable Color Puzzles
- Color Soring Printable or these Farm Free Color Sorting Printable Mats
- Pompom & Craft Stick “Pencil” color matching activities for preschoolers
- Learning Colors Pom Pom Sorting Activity
- Dinosaur Color Matching Activity with free printable
- Spring Soring Activity -free printable colored eggs into baskets
- Color Matching Easter Activities for Kindergarten
- Umbrella Craft Preschool – Color matching Fruit Loops
- I know my colors Easter Worksheets pdf
- Do-a-Dot Color Word Recognition Worksheets
Learning Colors Activity
- Fidget Color Game for Kids
- Free printable color matching worksheets
- Color Scavenger Hunt printable
- Sandcastle color matching activity
- Mitten Matching Games Online
- Color Sorting Penguin Matching Game
- My Color Book Printable
- Free Mouse Paint Printables for kids to learn their colors
- Color Free Printable Mini Books pdf for Kids
- Color Matching, Free Printable Goodnight Gorilla Activities
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Super cute Color Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Chameleon Learning Colors Worksheets
- Craft Template Octopus Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Free Octopus Printables – color matching activity
- Pearl Free Color Matching Printables
- Summer Seashell Summer Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Color Matching Worksheet
- Fruit Loop rainbow printable template
- Free printable puzzles – color activities for preschool printable
- Learning Colors preschool painting worksheets
- Color Lock and Key Matching Game
- Christmas Color Games for Toddlers
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Learning Colors Ice Cream activity
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
Color Activities for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Frozen rainbow science experiment preschool
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- See all of our color activities for kids
Rainbow Activities for Kids
- Simple, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Homemade, Edible sand for toddlers
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY – rainbow activities for 1st grade
- Colorful Jelly Bean Science Experiment
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Colorful Polymer Experiments at Home
- Pretty Oil and Water Experiment Worksheet
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.