Kids will love making this super cute valentines day craft perfect for February. This is such a clever preschool craft
When Valentine's Day is near, we get a little obsessed with hearts. My kids would decorate with nothing but hearts in February if they had their way. While I love Valentine's Day treat holders and candy, I also don't want to overwhelm my kids with candy.
This fun raining hearts cloud mobile is the perfect craft for the celebration of love and hearts, but it has nothing to do with candy at all. You CAN be festive and loving in February without candy! My kids hung this mobile in their room and have declared they will keep it there all year long.
Valentines Day Crafts
- Red construction paper (or red card stock paper)
- Cotton balls
- Glue (school glue will work best)
Keep gluing more cotton balls to the first one to create a cloud shape. Our cloud used about 20 cotton balls. Set the cloud aside until it dries.
Cut a random length of string for each heart that you have. You want the hearts to hang at varying levels, so make sure you have some longer and some shorter strings. Glue the end of the string to the back of each heart.
When the glue is dry, glue the top of the strings to the bottom of the cloud. Keep it random for best results. Set aside to dry.
When the glue is completely dry, hang the raining hearts cloud mobile from a window, door knob, doorway, or anywhere else you like.
The heart mobile is so festive and the perfect thing to chase away those winter blues and celebrate Valentine's Day!
Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Red Hot Velentines' Day Slime Recipe
- 21 Valentines Day Activities with Conversation Hearts
- FREE Valentine's Day Coloring Sheets
- Valentine's day Greater Than Fun (free printable math game)
- Valentine's Day Candy Heart Estimation (math activity)
- Valentine's Day Scripture Countdown
- Valentines Day Sticker Hand Art Project
- Chocolate Playdough Recipe
Brenda is a full-time writer and homeschooling mom to two girls. Brenda blogs about STEM activities and ADHD homeschooling at Schooling a Monkey. When she isn't working, you'll find Brenda sipping on coffee with her nose in a book.