This is a great educational activity for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids for fall!
There are actually 2 activities in this Sorting Apple Pack:
Apple Sorting Activity
Letter APrint the 4 pages (on cardstock for durability) with the upper and lower case letter A alphabets and the 2 A baskets. Cut pieces apart.
For this activity you can do it on the floor, a table, or taping the baskets and apples to a patio door to make it a reusable fall decoration / activity.
- sort capital A apples in to capital A basket
- sort lowercase a apples in to lowercase a basket
Hint: Make it more educational by having your child say "The A says ah" or thinking of something that starts with an A sound for each apple they sort (i.e. apple, alligator, ant, etc.)
Phonics Apple Sort
Print the next 2 pages and cut apart.
This activity is great for kids who know their letters and are just figuring out beginning sounds - typically Preschool and Kindergarten.
Children will say what the picture is in each apple and then put the apple in the basket with the same letter as the beginning sound of the picture.
Download free printable Sorting Apples activity I made for Free Homeschool Deals .
- Letter A Preschool Theme
- Letter A Alphabet Tree (Preschool)
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Sheets (Preschool-1st)
- Apple Number Bonds Activity (K/1st Grade)
- Back to School Sudoku Puzzles (Preschool-3rd Grade)
- Lego All About me Worksheets (Preschool – 6th Grade)