Help kids visualize, understand, and learn compound words with these FREE Compound Word Puzzles. These are such a fun hands on learning activity for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade kids.
FREE Compound Word Puzzles
Help kids visualize how words become compound words with these super cute, FREE Compound Word Puzzles. There are 26 different compound words to practice in either color or black and white.
This is the perfect activity to Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
To prepare just print the puzzles in color or black and white on cardstock. Next, laminator for durability so you can practice again and again with these nifty puzzles.
Finally, Cut along the dotted lines to separate each puzzle into two parts.
Give your student a stack of puzzle pieces to put together.
Point out that each piece has a complete word at the bottom that if put with the other complete word makes a new compound word.
When the puzzles have been matched, encourage kids to write the new words on the free printable included in the pack to practice making words, spelling, and handwriting.
FREE 1st Grade Language Arts Activities
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read THEMSELVES (by book level)
- Alpahbet-O: Sight Words
- Alphabet Practice Worksheets (A to Z)
- Book Report
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Candyland Sight Word Game
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun – Verb Sort
- S’more Sentence Game
- Word Endings Ice Cream Shop
- Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade – 8 Week Sight Word program
Download FREE Compound Word Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Molly Tillyer
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!