This activity requires no prep!
It is simple, fun, and effective at helping kid practice counting to 20.
I recommend this activity for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade.
Counting to 18 GameAll you need for this game is the free printable (below) and a set of double 9 dominoes
You can play this by your self by giving children this page and a pile of double 8 dominos. Kids will count dots and put them on the correct spots to count to 18.
Of play against others and see who can get 3-in-a-row or the whole card filled first.
To play this counting game put a pile of double 9 dominos in the middle of the table face down. Each child will need a Counting sheet (in printable below).
The first player picks a domino, counts the dots, and places it on their sheet if they have the corresponding number. If not they return it to the pile facedown. Play continues until someone gets 3-in-a-row.
Hint: You can also play this with a memory twist by putting the dominos face down in the middle of the table in a grid. Then students can remember where already counted dominos are and pick them up for their turn.
Counting Activities for Kids
- Counting Apples Mini Book
- Sunflower Seed Counting Game
- Monster Google Eyes Counting Activity
- Spring Counting Cards
- Safari Counting to 30 Game
- Counting to 10 Pom Pom Cards
- Fingerprint Counting Activity
- Catch 20 Bugs Counting Game
Download Domino Counting Game
- By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!