If your kids are like mine, a mystery of any kind is exciting. My daughter LOVES scavenger hunts more than ice cream and candy. She loves playing Clue and enjoys a good mystery book or movie too. So when we were at a restaurant the other day and the kids menu had a mystery sentence to solve, she was ALL about it! She asked me to make her more secret codes for kids. These codes for kids printables are fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. SImply download pdf file with code worksheet and you are ready to play!
Secret Codes for Kids
This code worksheet is a fun activity because there is no real way to know the answer before actually working to solve it. Your child will figure out what the sentence says by followign the code for kids to write down each letter. This is a fun literacy activity that gets kids writing and following directions to figure out the secret codes for kids. This is a fun activity sheet for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Use it at home, at a restaurant, literacy centers, supplement to your homeschool curriculum, and more! So how do you play? Let me share.
Codes for kids
On the top of the page is a grid with all the letters of the alphabet (plus a few extra to fill the empty spaces). Each row is labeled with a letter, A B or C. Each column is assigned a number.
Under the sentence line is a bunch of codes. For instance C9 or B6. The child needs to simply go to row C and column 9, grab that letter and write it on that letter line. The next code would be row B, column 6. When all of the letters are found, a sentence will be complete. HOW FUN?!?
I also created blank lines that you can write your own code words in. This is perfect for creating sentences around sight words that your child is currently working on or needs extra help with.
I also created separate, empty grids in case you want to only work on specific letters.
If your child is more advanced, you could do an entire paragraph of code letters for him/her to solve.
This would be fantastic for a birthday card or special note too, wouldn’t it?!?
If you would like to keep this activity to use more than once, my simple suggestion is to laminate the sheets and have your child use a dry erase marker.
Simple yet exciting activities like these are perfect for children who need a little more encouragement to want to learn. This mystery activity is literally a game that turns into spelling.
Not only is this beneficial for practicing sight words, sentences and other literacy skills but is also fantastic for practicing the graphing element of math.
Sentence Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun ways for kids to learn to write a sentence. Try these:
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Trace and Write Sentences with primer sight words Worksheets
- Hands-on Build a Sentence with Lego
- Building pre primer sight word sentences Worksheets
- Fun, Silly Sentences Activity
- S’mores Complete Sentences Game
- Fun Mystery Code Sentences
- Farm Cut and Paste Sentence Worksheets
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Download Mystery Code Sentences
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!