My twins are working on one-to-one correspondence right now. They are great at counting due to our singing time each morning, but we are still struggling with counting objects. We daily count random objects, but we have also worked through these fun St. Patrick day readers. Each book focuses on one number, and my little ones have also learned some vocabulary that is associated with this upcoming celebration.
We are now moving onto these interactive cards, and getting in some fine motor practice too!
St Patricks Day Math
What is includedThese cards will provide extra counting practice for the numbers 1 - 10. There are two cards for each number, making a total of 20 cards.
Prep-WorkThere is just a few step in preparing these cards for use with your 3-5-year-olds.
- Print off cards on card stock
- Cut them out
- Provide a dry erase marker
St Patricks Day MathThese cards are easy to use, and have the children doing three steps!
- The children begin by counting the objects on the cards. They may be counting the coins, the shamrocks in a field, dots on a hat, cupcakes on a plate, or candy in a jar.
- Once they have figured out how many objects are on the card, they then cross off that many squares in the ten frame.
- Finally, they practice writing that number in the star. If you have a child is new at writing numbers, you may want to provide a cheat sheet for them to look at while writing their numbers.
Enjoy this time building number sense and fine motor skills with your kiddos.
St Patricks Day Crafts
- 7 St. Patrick's Day Hand & Foot Crafts
- 38 St. Patrick's Day Kids Activities
- St Patricks Day Rainbow Hand Art Craft
- St Patricks Day Bead Neckalces
- St Patricks Day Color Hunt
- St Patricks Day Syllable Sort
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- FREE St Patricks Day Coloring Sheets
Download St Patricks Day Counting CardsBefore you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Rachel is a homeschool mom to four little ones, ages 2 to 6. She is a former public elementary teacher, and has recently began blogging at her page You’ve Got This. You can also find her on Facebook and Pinterest.