While math activities may not make the list of things your kids love, this valentine matching game printable for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten is so much fun, they won’t even realize they’re working on those math skills. Students will match the hearts with numbers on them so they have the number word, numberal, and counted dots to work on number sense. Simply download pdf file with valentine activities for preschoolers and you are ready to play and learn in your Febraury valentines day theme.
Valentine matching game printable
This free, valentine matching game printable set is perfect for Valentine’s Day and is such a fun way to practice numbersense of numbers 1-20 with your preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Using this valentine activities for preschoolers, children will work on counting, associating numerals with number words, and fine motor skills. All with a single activity.
Hearts with numbers on them
Valentine activities for preschoolers
The printable hearts included in this download are numbers 1-20 in the following three different forms:
- a numeral
- a number word
- a set of dots
Use all of them at once or break them into groups and use half at at time if your child is still learning 1-10 or has moved onto working on 11-20.
If you’d like, you can use them by themselves and have your child match the various number forms or, if you’re really getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit and want to work in a little fine motor practice as well, grab some envelopes!
We’re going to be stuffing our very own math themed Valentine envelopes!
Valentines day activities for preschoolers
- Download, print, and cut out the valentines day activities preschool printable number hearts (below).
- Grab a stack of envelopes and with a red crayon, pencil, or marker, write the number words for 1-20 on them (one word on each).
Valentine’s day activities for kids
- To make getting started a little easier, begin with the hearts that have number words on them and have your child match each of the hearts to the correct envelope.
- Once those are paired, repeat with the hearts that have numerals on them as well as those with dots after your child has counted them and determined which envelope they belong with.
- As they match the numbers on each heart to the number written on the envelopes, have them exercise their small motor muscles by stuffing each of the hearts into the correct envelope.
Preschool valentine activities
THis valentines day ideas for preschool is such a fun way to work on number sense for numbers to 20 with a fun math activity for February. THe pretty red and pink hearts in this activity make it appealing to children so they are eager to learn during February.
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Download Valentine Hearts Preschool Number Matching
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply