Help kids conceptualize the different value of American money for kids and what each coins is worth with this money flip book. This clever, free printable Parts of a Dollar booklet is perfect for leraning about the dollar, half dollar, quarter, dime, nickle, and penny. This coin flip book is handy for teaching about counting money for kids in kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Parts of a Dollar
An important, and practical, math skill we teach kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 is about the value of money and counting coins. This parts of a dollar activity allows children to visualize the value of American money and how many of each coin you need to make up a dollar. This money flip book is also a great math activity for kids of all ages. Plus, it’s so easy and simple to make with our free printable pdf file template below.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun money math for kids! Use this as extra practice as you school at home, math center in your classroom, or supplemental material with your homeschool math curriculum.
Money Flip Book
Counting money for kids
Sometimes it can be hard for kids to really understand that it takes 10 dimes to make a dollar, but 100 pennies. Here are two fun and free printable resources to help kids visualize how much of each coin is in a dollar.
Coin flip book
In case you just want a visual to hang on your wall, math center, or put in your workbox – here is the Parts of a Dollar in chart form.
Money for Kids
This is such a fun flip book to make that really helps kids conceptualize what a dollar means in half dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies.
Just print and cut out the rectangles. Stack the rectangles on top of each other with the biggest one on the bottom. Stable at the top at the designated spot.
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
1st Grade Math
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Parts of a Dollar Flip Book
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Teaching in the Tongass
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Beth you are a Genious!!! I love all the money activities you have for kids. I work at Dollar store and kids don’t know how much change they should get back!! I will have fun working with my grandkids with these activities. Thanks