Slime is fun but have your kids tried floam? It is an elevated slime with extra sensory aspects! You can squish it, pull it, squeeze it and smash it, just like slime but it’s extra fun and great for sensory play with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students! This super simple floam recipe is inexpensive making diy slime so much better than store bought slime!
Simple Floam Recipe
So this was found when we created the simple 3 ingredient slime. This was made of glue, baking soda, and contact solution. Such is this, but with just a few extra ingredients. This simple floam recipe is sure to bring your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students hours of fun! They will also strengthen their hand muscles (preparing to write) as they play and manipulate this floam slime. This play recipe is such a fun kids activities your kids will love!
My favorite part is that I found all of these ingredients at the dollar store! Inexpensive yet full of fun!
- Baking Soda
- Contact Solution
- Food Coloring
- Small Styrofoam Balls
Start by squeezing glue into a bowl. I prefer to use throw away bowls, this helps keep the clean up easier!
Add in food coloring. The amount is your preference. Once the color is mixed in, add in 2 TBS of baking soda and the styrofoam balls. Mix them in well. Next, add some contact solutions. I would say I added 1TBS, but it was about 2 squirts.
Mix them together until you form a ball. Once the sticky ball forms, take it out and mix it. Knead it. Squish it. Stretch it. Do whatever you want until it’s mixed enough that it isn’t sticky. If that doesn’t happen within a few minutes, you can squeeze a little more contact solution onto it. Not too much though. Too much contact solution will make the floam hard and it won’t stretch.
This is seriously a fun experience. We have made many slimes, but this floam is by far my favorite to squish around in my hand!
- You’ve got to try this homemade Magic Sand, painting with edible marshmallow paint, and How to make a bouncy ball
- Fun foam paint, puffy paint ideas, vibrant washable sidewalk paint, HUGE homemade bubble solution, 3 ingredient baking soda crafts, beautiful edible sand, chilly snow dough, amazing puffy snow paint
- How to dye rice with food coloring, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- Kool Aid homemade playdough, Color changing best playdough, Funfetti Playdough Recipe, edible marshmallow playdough, 2 ingredient conditioner playdough, edible ice cream play doh
- Ice Cream Volcano, simple ketchup volcano, insects in amber jurassic park activities , grow a rainbow capillary action experiment, creative pipe cleaner constellations, easy lava lamp experiment explanation
- Hands-on road shapes activity with hotwheels, fun balloon rocket experiment for preschool, squish bag watermelon activities for toddlers, fun puffy paint ice cream,
- Scented Puffy Paint Pumpkins, Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers, Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Homemade chocolate edible slime or Incredible fluffy butter slime
- Not-too-creepy Halloween Slime, fluffy Turkey Slime, purple valentine slime, and Leprechaun Slime
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime, Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red Apple Pie Slime cool pumpkin slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime or enchanging snow slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, or Gummy Bear Slime