Fall Leaves Puffy Paint – this easy to make microwave puffy paint is such a fun play recipe for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade children. They can make fall leaves, pumpkins, etc and they watch their fall craft puff up. You’ve got to try this fall art project for kids!
Fall Leaves Puffy Paint
Fall is hands down my favorite season. The scents, the tastes, the cooler temperatures! This fall leaves puffy paint was so fun. The DIY puffy paint will be so fun to add this artwork to our walls this fall! Not only does it turn out beautiful and is so much fun, but it is incredibly easy to make!! This fall craft for preschoolers, kindergartners, toddlers, and grade 1 students is a must try fall activity!
Painting is a must at our house. We paint all the time. Holidays and the change of seasons always bring out our desire to paint in an extra special way. Since we paint so often, it’s fun to mix it up sometimes. Have you made puffy paint before, because it is such a fun way to add a little twist!
Microwave Puffy Paint Recipe
You will need a few simple ingredients to make this puffy paint recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of cold water
- food coloring
Mix the flour and salt together, then add the water and stir. It should be the consistency of a slightly thinner pancake mix. You don’t want it to be too thick, or it will get stuck in the squeeze bottles and will mess up the whole activity. Split the ‘batter’ into as many bowls as you need for the number of colors you want. We used orange and green. Once the batter is split into the bowl, add the food coloring and mix.
Yes, you’ll also need a few squeeze bottles and paper. We used construction paper. We found the squeeze bottles at the dollar store. The construction paper was probably from there too. Add the colored batter into the squeeze bottles and put on the lids.
DIY Puffy Paint
Lay out a piece of construction paper and start designing. You just have to squeeze as you draw. It is super easy.
Once you have finished your design, ours was a pumpkin with stem and leaves, pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If there is a bunch more paint on your paper, you may need more time in the microwave. How cool is this? It basically bakes, rising up like bread and making your art 3D! SO MUCH FUN! This does not have to be just pumpkins, you could literally do anything from spring flowers, beach balls or cute fuzzy bunnies!
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool