Make learning to count fun with this KFC chicken math activity! Use the FREE printable fast food counting cards and brown pom poms for a simple and fun counting activity for preschool. Simply print the fried chicken buckets and add the correct number of pom poms. This counting math activities for preschoolers is a great way to practice counting to 10 or counting 1-12.
Counting Cards Preschool Fast Food Cards
Children will love these Counting cards with a twist. They will get to use pom pom “fried chicken” in this silly counting activities for preschoolers! Looking for a fun way to reinforce subitizing and counting skills? These pom pom cards will have kids identifying the number then use pom poms with tongs to show the number on each card. These can also fit inside a task box, so prep them once and have them ready for each year.
Counting activities for preschoolers
Counting math activities for preschoolers
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and identify the number on that card.
- They then grab a tong and place that many into the chicken bucket to show how many drumsticks.
- They can add the pom poms on top of each card to show their work out, it doesn’t quite matter as long as they add the correct number of pom poms.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
Counting activities for preschoolers printable
Use these cards to help kids develop subitizing and fine motor skills and their number knowledge. Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills.
Introduce the number digit cards and show the students how to use pom poms to add them to each card. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on easier numbers by counting 1 to 5 and the kindergarteners to work on counting 1 to 10. A great way to work on these cards is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Counting Activities 0-10
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity 1-5
- Counting Farm Animals – numbers 1 to 5
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet
- Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards (plus number words recognition too)
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats
- Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Camping math activities for preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool or these butterfly math worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Sunflower Sunflower seed counting activity (counting to 10)
- Ice Cream Counting Printable Scooping Numbers 1-10
- Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough or this ladybug counting activity
- Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers
Counting Activities 1-20
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf
- Lego Numbers Printables – brick duplo mats to count and trace
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Free Dauber Printables
- Watermelon Printable Counting Activity
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Printable Teen Number Games
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity
- Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans
- Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers
- Free Watermelon Seed Counting Activity (Numbers 1-15)
- Counting practice with Strawberry activities for toddlers
- Monster Counting googly eyes printable (0-20)
- Cute Dump Truck Counting Mat (1-20)
- Flip-Flip Counting to 20 printable activity with stickers
- Corn-on-the-Cob Count to 20 Activity
- Pool Numbers Counting 1 to 20
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Kindergarten Teen Numbers Worksheets 11-20
- Summer Count to 20 Playdough Maths Activities (spring playdough mats)
- Handy Free Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Free Counting games for kindergarten 1-20
- Counting to 10 Little bo peep activities for preschool
- Monster Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Rocketship Number Recognition 11-20 Games
- Numbers 1 to 20 Worksheets (or if you are in fall try these numbers 11 to 20 worksheets)
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
Counting Activities 1-100
- Gumball Counting Activity with free printable template (1-30)
- Free Number Train Printable – practice counting to 20, 1-100, or skip counting
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Around the World Puzzles – Counting to 50 Activities
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers (counting to 30)
- Bee 1 to 50 Counting Game
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
- Roll to 100 free printable
- Construction Number Recognition Games 1-100
- Hands-on, free printable Domino math games kindergarten
- Flower Spring Number Puzzles
- Free printable Counting to 100 games
- Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Around the World Count to 100 Puzzles
KFC Chicken Math
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.